Things your Band directors say..

mnkyman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on, just one more time, then water. [after we've seriously been marching 180 and it's about a 6-5.

they call a water break 2 minutes. that's not even enough time to really get off the field. and i'm not kidding, they time our breaks.

when your performance is done, people will be throwing their babies in the air because it will be so good.

football games are fun[big lie considering that it's always hot and sticky and grossss.]

notes put up an octave on trumpets and french horns sound like herneas or a cat being put into a lawn mower.[no it doesn't, it sounds awesome because horns and trumpets are awesome.]

that's all that i can really think of.

i have funny quotes from my old band director, but they weren't lies or anything.

come on, just one more time, then water. [after we've seriously been marching 180 and it's about a 6-5.

they call a water break 2 minutes. that's not even enough time to really get off the field. and i'm not kidding, they time our breaks.

when your performance is done, people will be throwing their babies in the air because it will be so good.

Your bd sounds awesome, just like my bd.

My favorite-

"Bring your own water bottle so you can take a little personal break if you need it"...someone steps out to take a break..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET BACK IN THE FORM! WAIT FOR THE NEXT GROUP BREAK!...It'll be like 5 minutes" 30 minutes later "ok, take a five minute break" (which translates into a 2 minute water break, a whistle, and one minute to get back.

oh and the classic- "one more time" (x50)

My favorite-

"Bring your own water bottle so you can take a little personal break if you need it"...someone steps out to take a break..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET BACK IN THE FORM! WAIT FOR THE NEXT GROUP BREAK!...It'll be like 5 minutes" 30 minutes later "ok, take a five minute break" (which translates into a 2 minute water break, a whistle, and one minute to get back.

oh and the classic- "one more time" (x50)

At least you have a water break longer than 60 seconds, which is all we get. (And that's to get there, take a drink, and get back)

Everything everyone has already said is pretty much all that ever comes out of my band directors mouth, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I get angry when they make us march forever in burning heat, then "get a quick drink of water and get back out here." Pfft. But, Mr. Chambers, it's 100 degrees out here and people are dying. Exaggeration.

"It is what it is." -Koehl

"With great success, comes high expectation! Y'all can quote me on that one. Put it on a shirt or whatever." -Chambers. He's very witty, as you can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

if you know the b-wood director mr. koch... then you've heard "my gosh!" way too many times.. strangely enough ive prolly heard it literally hundreds to thousands of times... and its still frikin funny when he says it.

(cell rings)

"hello?"

(its his wife)

"...riiiigghht... im in jazz band, bye"

(hangs up)

"anyone can march... i could grab some random druggie in the halls and teach him to march... its how you play that defines your talent"

"push to the hit!"- more this year than ever

"MY GOSH!"

(stands up on the rail of the tower, with everyone gasping)

"i want your bell up here on that horn flash!!"

"i want you playing every note... if you fall down backward marching, and get your face stepped on... i want you playing every note."

"b-wood? my gosh! more like B-WILL"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
i still wanna know what the "the people will be throwing their babies at you" means because i know theres more than one director out there that says it

I can think of one, too...

"Keep your taps down..."

"Three-foot Angel Rule!"

"Move with a sense of URGENCY. We're not telling you to rush, but just move with a sense of urgency."

"We're going to call this page 'Trumpet Stick-Out Page' until the trumpets stop overplaying."