• 3 weeks later...
The predictions section works on my firefox up to a certain point, and then it gives me the message. Then on IE I cant evem click on the tabs. Is this just me?

I just tested it on my version of IE and it seems to be working alright for me. What version of IE are you using?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll definitely be having predictions again!

The best way to get a predictions event entered in is to add events you know about at http://www.txbands.com/predict/public_addevent.php. This is especially helpful for the smaller contests which is hard for me to keep up with. I know we had one submission yesterday, but due to a database problem it got deleted before I could approve it.

Generally, the TxB staff will add BOA events on our own, as we use the updated lists only after the actual contest schedule (as opposed to a roster of participants) is published.

That said- I know Westlake is coming up in a week. Anyone have the list of participating bands for it?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We all cover each other's backs on all the nitty gritty of running the site....

...but technically speaking I am the Predictions Moderator.

For some of the local contests, scores can be somewhat difficult to obtain, especially if the contest organizers don't make their scores publicly available. Galena Park results are a thorn in our side at the moment, though I'm fairly confident in a couple sources I have that could provide the recaps-- I just haven't gotten around to tapping those sources yet. Also keep an eye out for High Plains results.

If you see a contest you would like added to Predictions that isn't on the list that is happening less than 1 week from the current date, feel free to suggest it....if it has a prelims/finals format and/or has 10 or more places for bands, then it is more than likely we'll be willing to grant your request.

Actually, the band I'm involved with went to the Galena Park marching contest and I have a copy of the recap. The reason why it's hard to get ahold of these scores is because they did not hand them out right after the contest. They said you could wait 45 minutes after the contest to receive the recap, which no one really wanted to do, but luckily my head director knew someone working the contest and had them email it to us. If you still need those scores, please let me know.

• 5 months later...