• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard rumors about the theme for Marcus' show, but I won't say anything about it. But if it is what I hear, then I'm pretty freaking excited about it.

We just got an email out about prop making for our show for next year... I think it starts over spring break. We have our new 18-Wheeler for next year, so we'll see...

Dripping Springs is doing a show based on the artistic renaissance in France. We are doing 3 movements based on 3 different types of art. First cubism, second impressionism, and third dadaism. For the 1st movement we are playing part of "The Rite Of Spring". The 2nd movement will be a Bjork instrumental that the Cadets used in 05'. And for the 3rd movement we are doing a song used in the 88' Velvet Knights show. Then in the Fourth movement its going to be a recap of the previous three movements and throughout the entire show we are going to quote a couple of French folk songs. Ex: the can can. Tis going to be sweet.

I want to see that show.

Lol.

Are the drum majors going to dress up as sharpay and troy?

yeah!!! and then the second mvt is gonna be from rent... and the closer will be hey jude!!! or at least your gonna think its the closer untill they bust out a huge pipe organ and have a 4th mvt to the tune of well-tempered-clavier(sp?)...

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard rumors about the theme for Marcus' show, but I won't say anything about it. But if it is what I hear, then I'm pretty freaking excited about it.

We just got an email out about prop making for our show for next year... I think it starts over spring break. We have our new 18-Wheeler for next year, so we'll see...

Nice u guys are getting an 18 wheeler I'm hoping we will, b/c there is no room in there and adding as many as we are for next year I don't even know what's going to happen. Hey, we're going to have 180 next year, how about u guys?

Uhm... I honestly don't know. lol.

We are losing our largest senior class so far, which I think there's roughly 40 or so of us. But from my understanding there's about 150 8th graders TOTAL. I'm not sure how many of them are actually going to stay in band. I'm going to guess we'll be around 150-180 next year.

Our two middle schools have upped the number of band kids though to where it looks like in about three or so years there's going to be about 300 incoming 8th graders!!!