I'm wanting to do colorguard in college. But. I need someone to teach me basics on flag and rifles. I know some flag, but. Yeah.

Who wants to teach me.

I live in Mineral Wells. Anyone in the D/FW area willing to teach me?

Contact Brian Greenleaf.

you can find his email at www.centennialband.com under the "directors" page.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing that I can say to do is contact one of this big guys up there in the WGI ladder.

Brian Greenleaf and Matt Garrett are two really good ones.

I had never done winterguard until August, when I joined Ars Nova, which is an Independent Guard.

It was very hard, but I have a learned a lot.

Even though it's in the middle of the season, I am pretty sure that for now, you could go to practices and learn basics in dance and equipment, then be ready come marching and winterguard season.

JFYI, I don't know if you know this or not..

But equipment handling is one thing.

There is this whole other thing called Dance.. **** dude.

It will kick your butt.

If you're interested in seeing some guard shows, here are a few good ones still left after most of them had to be deleted from YouTube.

Ars Nova 2005 - Took 4th in the Independent Open Class.

Seminole High School 2005 - Not sure what they took this year, but they are normaly in finals.

Apex Winterguard - Great show.

James Logan HighSchool 2007 - This is from the back, so sorry. They won Scholastic World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utgt8U31mwI...feature=related

The best thing that I can say to do is contact one of this big guys up there in the WGI ladder.

Brian Greenleaf and Matt Garrett are two really good ones.

I had never done winterguard until August, when I joined Ars Nova, which is an Independent Guard.

It was very hard, but I have a learned a lot.

Even though it's in the middle of the season, I am pretty sure that for now, you could go to practices and learn basics in dance and equipment, then be ready come marching and winterguard season.

JFYI, I don't know if you know this or not..

But equipment handling is one thing.

There is this whole other thing called Dance.. **** dude.

It will kick your butt.

If you're interested in seeing some guard shows, here are a few good ones still left after most of them had to be deleted from YouTube.

Ars Nova 2005 - Took 4th in the Independent Open Class.

Seminole High School 2005 - Not sure what they took this year, but they are normaly in finals.

Apex Winterguard - Great show.

James Logan HighSchool 2007 - This is from the back, so sorry. They won Scholastic World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utgt8U31mwI...feature=related

]

woh! your in Ars NOVA?!!

I saw you at the guard competition yesterday! I loved both of the guards shows!!!

And Brian Greenleaf is awesome.

He just won't let me join the guard at our school. =[ his rule is 6 guys or none...

Edited by borchnork