National Concert Band/Percussion Festival?

I was browsing around Music For All's website and my curiosity brought me to the National Concert Band Festival/ National Percussion Festival page. Being a percussionist myself, I was wondering what it was?

And I noticed that there was only a few Texas concert bands and percussion enesembles going, so I was wondering if it's a big event or not?

According to the website, the bands that are attending are J. Frank Dobie, Wylie, Vista Ridge, and Cypress Falls. Are they any good? [since Cypress Falls is so close to my school, I know a bit about them, but their concert bands and percussion, I haven't the slightest clue. But the other three, I dont know anything about]

I was browsing around Music For All's website and my curiosity brought me to the National Concert Band Festival/ National Percussion Festival page. Being a percussionist myself, I was wondering what it was?

And I noticed that there was only a few Texas concert bands and percussion enesembles going, so I was wondering if it's a big event or not?

According to the website, the bands that are attending are J. Frank Dobie, Wylie, Vista Ridge, and Cypress Falls. Are they any good? [since Cypress Falls is so close to my school, I know a bit about them, but their concert bands and percussion, I haven't the slightest clue. But the other three, I dont know anything about]

You can find all the info on the National Concert Band Festival and Percussion Festival on the website.

NCBF: http://www.musicforall.org/Programs/MFANF/NCBF.aspx

NPF: http://www.musicforall.org/Programs/MFANF/NPF.aspx

As for Cypress Falls' percussion, I've seen them my share of times over the years and they have one of the best percussion ensembles in the country. Not just in marching band but in the indoor setting as well.

Vista Ridge has a very nice wind ensemble for a school that has only been open a few years. These guys seem to know how to get it done in all aspects of a high school music program.