IRC (Internet Relay Chat)

Everyone!!! There is a new way to chat that would be fully related to TXBands. It is an IRC Chat. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) Is an instant messenger like chat. If you know what IRC is or have an IRC Chat client then get on the server '/server irc.rizon.net' and enter command '/join #txbands' to enter. I, leopardweasel, will be the operator of the channel until futher notice. If one of the admins of txbands.com would like to take over operator position on the server then he may do so.

Everyone!!! There is a new way to chat that would be fully related to TXBands. It is an IRC Chat. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) Is an instant messenger like chat. If you know what IRC is or have an IRC Chat client then get on the server '/server irc.rizon.net' and enter command '/join #txbands' to enter. I, leopardweasel, will be the operator of the channel until futher notice. If one of the admins of txbands.com would like to take over operator position on the server then he may do so.

The whole IRC chat system is pretty complicated.

Could you explain the setup procedures to getting into IRC chats?

I hate IRC. My first experience with it was 4 years ago when I found that a favorite forum of mine also had an IRC chat community. The community I dealt with was extremely elitist and enjoyed toying around with people who couldn't figure out how to use it. The IRC userbase consists mainly of users that tend to follow big-time subcultural trends (Hardcore gaming, hacking, neomodern social movements, foreign film, indie and obscure music mediums). Because of IRC's powerful filesharing interface (with the same functionality as applications like Limewire and Bittorrent) along with it's channel-based chat interface, it's a useful tool for these people to get access to multimedia that falls into these lines of subculture while at the same time meeting people of similar interest. These people are often social rejects and thus, actually have the FREE TIME to explore these complex applications and figure out how they work and how to use them to their advantage. It was targeted towards these kinds of people and thus, doesn't have to be as user-friendly as AOL, Yahoo or MSN messengers (Which are geared towards the mainstream public).

I didn't like the idea of using a network application that was practically invented by hackers. I didn't want my computer to be compromised by some internet terrorist who might be lurking in one of the channels. If this forum wants a chat room I recommend just installing a Java or Flash based application. It's easier and safer that way.