So as we all know, there are many great TX bands going to GN this year, and I was just wondering if there was any chance there is going to be a total domination? It's going to be my first time going, and I am more than excited. I just thought I would express my thoughts and see what others think.

So we have Reagan, which has gotten 2nd in 03 and 05 and outstanding music in finals, Bell who has gotten 3rd, and 2nd in 05 and 06 respectively with outstanding music in 06, we have SFA who got 4th in 04 and outstanding music, we have Richland who got 7th in 05, we have Clearbrook who got 3rd at Houston this year, we have the Woodlands who got 1st in semis last year, which all have a great shot at finals. Now I was just thinking that with all these bands have accomplished, is there a chance that we could have a caption sweep like we did in 03 for semis? We have Reagan, Bell, and SFA with the last 3 music captions, so there is bound to be a caption there lol. I was just thinking that these bands are capable of doing great things, and could we see at least 4 in the top 5 at finals? It's getting late, so maybe this is just late night thinking, but I would appreciate any feedback on this. I wanna know what others think. :lol:

A lot of great Texas programs representing the state in Indianapolis for Grand Nationals. I feel that total domination or sweeping captions is stretching it a bit. Great things are going on down here, but the same goes for the Midwest bands (Avon, Carmel, Lawrence Central, Plymouth Canton, and etc....) as well as the defending National Champion, Broken Arrow. It's not going to be easy. Grand Nationals is getting tougher and tougher each year.

I am pulling for a Texas band to win the Music caption again (to show that we have some fine music educators down here) and to win Grand Nationals. But first and foremost, I'm just proud that we have some fine programs representing our state in Indy and we should all be celebrating that. What a way to end a chapter in BOA history (with the demolition of the RCA Dome) with a fine year that we have in 2007. Looking forward to Lucas Oil Stadium in 2008!