1A Music: Princeton

1A Visual: Princeton

1A GE: Pleasant Grove

1A Rankings:

1st: Princeton

2nd: Pleasant Grove

3rd: Winnsboro

Should be a GREAT show tonight!

Yay! Now I feel justified in predicting Berkner's BOA comeback. Also a big congrats is in store for Colleyville Heritage!!!

Very interesting to see Clear Brook in the 6-10 group here after wowing everyone at Houston. Makes me wonder how Reagan would have fared at Arlington.......

Color me shocked at Hebron's omission. What happened?

Hmm, I was a bit indifferent about Hebron's dance break. I felt it didn't fit very well. There's still a lot of their show they need to add as well.

Honestly, I thought the same thing about Westfield, Radchad. I noticed huge interval problems, sometimes up to five, six steps when it should've been two step. But, hey, it's marching band. Sometimes you make it. Sometimes you don't. Gotta have a short memory and go to the next competition.

I think it was because they went over the amount of time you have for entering the field and warm up. While I was watching in the stands, I noticed that they did take a very long time to get set up. Also, the band director played their on-field warmup much, much faster than he usually does, telling me that they were already pressed for time.

how would you get stuck with a penalty for warm ups? Would you just go over the alloted time, or was there a set of rules that had to be followed in the warm up area that they broke?

It depends on which warm up you are talking about: Warm up on field or warm up in the parking lot.

You are given four minutes to warm-up/set up props on the field (That usually includes the "Joining us from.." announcement). After the announcement is given, you have 30 seconds to start your show or else timing will automatically start. If you go over warm-up times on the field, you won't be penalized. However, if you go over on your warm-up time and it makes you exceed the 11 minute show limit, you can be penalized as follows:

Time requirements: .1 point per 3 seconds over the limit.

Delay of Contest: .5 points per minute of delay.

What's the difference? Time requirements usually pertains to exceeding the 11 minute show limit. Delay of Contest usually pertains to arriving on the field late, arriving to parking lot warm-up late, or taking more than the allotted two minutes to get all members and props off of the field.

If I remember correctly, the announcement started while Hebron was still playing their on field warm-up. It felt like another two minutes after the conclusion of their warm-up before they actually started the show. We won't know what exactly happened until tomorrow, or until someone tells us, but needless to say, I was shocked when Hebron wasn't announced for Finals.