Little Elm Marching Classic By The Lake

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was soooo impressed with Wakeland's show when I saw it. I was not expecting it to be THAT good. I felt threatened, and it takes a lot for Centennial band members to be threatened by another school in Frisco. In a few years... whoaaaa is Wakeland gonna be a 4A powerhouse. Of course, you have to become a 4A first.

Thank you for that, on Saturday we plan on showing my friends at Frisco by making finals. Especially for the seniors we would love them to end their band careers with a higher placement then the band junior(myself included) and seniors with a great performance. As for your response we totally understand that for you guys to be scared of us is something that has to be a really strong band, and I think this group of freshman and soph. when they turn juniors and seniors and become the leaders of this band they will work their tales off for state. In fact most of our leadership already is soph. and some will be 4 year leadership funnily enough. The thing is we haven't played our best yet w/o a doubt. It seems after every performance their seems to be some major thing that happens that while people might not recongize for us it's like a nightmare. It all starts w/ tommorows rehersal

Our goal for CMF is to put a name for ourselves, so in the future people go "I really want to see Wakeland's show" and "Man, I can't believe we have to compete against Wakeland". B/c we are new and as of right not we know that most of the top bands have no idea who we are, but I think at this competitive contest w/ amazing 4A and 5A bands that people can start seeing us as contenders. Last year Centennial made finals in all of their contests and now they are going to state, in 09 we plan on being there too

Yeah I was just gonna say... we're sort of there. I mean, we had to work our asses off to even get somewhat recognized, and now we're making state, and some are bitter about it. As a new school, I def think you have to work harder. Not that we're old... we're only 3 years older.

When I heard we were marching against you guys I was "Oh No" because you guys beat us for the last finals spot at TOC last year...

We did? Man... yall improved like THIS MUCH <-------------------------------------------------------------------------> and then some. I really really really loved your show.

Yeah, our band director respects you guys a heck of a lot he predicted you; guys to go to state...I can only hope we do the same next year...Area B is cut throat and then some...

Nothing against Centennial people but you can't believe our faces when we got 4th ahead of you going into finals. I mean last year it was depressing b/c Liberty beat us for a finals spot in area, and we really were down, but then at LE for us to be where we are is amazing.What difference a year makes, A year ago Wills Point was miles ahead of us, and Canton was untouchable in 3A, then at LE we beat Wills Point and was only 1.2 points behind Canton something that was ludicrous last year. It's the same with Centennial the way you made finals in so many difficult competition earned my utmost respect and to go into finals ahead was great. The best part is to hear other bands come up to you and tell you how much they enjoyed the show, knowing your hard work has paid off.

Nothing against Centennial people but you can't believe our faces when we got 4th ahead of you going into finals. I mean last year it was depressing b/c Liberty beat us for a finals spot in area, and we really were down, but then at LE for us to be where we are is amazing.What difference a year makes, A year ago Wills Point was miles ahead of us, and Canton was untouchable in 3A, then at LE we beat Wills Point and was only 1.2 points behind Canton something that was ludicrous last year. It's the same with Centennial the way you made finals in so many difficult competition earned my utmost respect and to go into finals ahead was great. The best part is to hear other bands come up to you and tell you how much they enjoyed the show, knowing your hard work has paid off.

I was actually stoked for Wakeland to have beaten Centennial. The show was clean, and from what I'd heard at the time, you guys there had worked HARD for it!!

I personally didn't like Canton's show.. am I the only one? They barely broke the back hash, or the 30's...

You know... I fully think you deserved to beat us. We didn't march that great of a show, and I heard you guys did. Also, you put fight into people that didn't have it. You should've seen our faces when you guys got called out in finals and we hadn't yet. Haha. People were a little *too* excited.