Oct. 6th Mesquite Marching Festival

So I saw Poteet's show last night (granted it was from the sideline) but I can honestly say that I feel the same about their show this year as I did about their show last year. I have loved the opener both years and then not really liked the ballad or closer regardless of how well they are executed. But yeah, it was a pretty cool show.

So we got straight II's last night...needless to say I was a little surprised. I mean I didn't think we did anything amazing, I just thought we did better than last year and last year we got straight ones. But I guess this is a different year with different judges...

All the judges said basically the same things, something like "You have a high demand show/drill" with the second half of the sentence left off which is "but the band isn't performing it good enough yet."

Anyways, I'm hoping we use this a motivational factor to prove that we are anything but a second division band...but I guess we'll see.

So if anyone has the results I would love it if they posted them...not the captions but the actual rankings and all that. Thanks

1.Coppell

2.Sherman

3.Poteet

4.Canton

5.Highland Park

6.Forney

7.Wills Point

8.Royce City

9.J.J. Pearce

10.North Mesquite

11.John Horn

12.Mesquite

13.Terrell

14.South Garland

15.North Lamar

16.Rockwall Heath

17.West Mesquite

18.Malakoff

19.Edgewood

20.Commerce

21.Red Oak

22.Crandall

23.Bonham

24.Quinlan Ford

25.Eustace

26.Greenville

27.Lovejoy

28.Rio Vista

29.Prosper

So I get to see Poteet's show this friday as we are playing them...has anyone already seen it and/or know what it is. One of my friends that use to go to Poteet said it's something about New York or Manhattan right?

Also anyone seen and/or know what Pearce's or Sherman's shows are this year. I have tried to find video of any performances this year but have been unable to locate any.

Thanks

We {sherman] are doing Urban Dances and Olympiata by Whitakaer and Danielpour