yes they are entering BOA houston, and super regionals. i know this will be their first appearence at Super Regionals, and i also heard they are going to be doing a more BOA show this year (which is very unlike them). I heard they are wanting more experience in the dome, but i think its probably to get more BOA experience, seeing as state is becoming more like BOA (ugh).

Yeah, their shows are more on the "boring" side, but they also are one of the few bands left in Texas that wont sacrifice the integrity of a great piece of music to make it easier to march on the field/and or to make the show more "crowd friendly". They also march incredibly difficult drill with great accuracy, though it may not always be as flashy as most bands.

This being why they are always extremley strong contenders at state.

And i saw their perfomance of Scheherazade at Duncanville.

it was definatly one of their more entertaining shows, the music especially.

well, after seeing all the bands at state finals, they were ALL very "decent shows that are both challenging interesting and clean", you have to be all those things to make state finals. im just saying, most bands dont maintain the integrity of the origional peice of music, which is VERY dificult to do without making the show "boring". You can sort of tell which bands do that by also looking at state honor band results; coppell, langham, and duncanville always score very high in that, so naturally their high level of musicianship is reflected in their music selection, while on the other hand, i dont think Bell is ever a big honor band contender, though they are an exceptional marching band. make sense?

well, after seeing all the bands at state finals, they were ALL very "decent shows that are both challenging interesting and clean", you have to be all those things to make state finals. im just saying, most bands dont maintain the integrity of the origional peice of music, which is VERY dificult to do without making the show "boring". You can sort of tell which bands do that by also looking at state honor band results; coppell, langham, and duncanville always score very high in that, so naturally their high level of musicianship is reflected in their music selection, while on the other hand, i dont think Bell is ever a big honor band contender, though they are an exceptional marching band. make sense?

didnt Churchill keep purdy close to the music that they played idk thats what i read

japanese music reminds me of mariachi music... (no im not trying to be funny) if you listen to japanese music you notice that all the chords run together and it sounds kinka funky... its just like mariachi music... there is some unwritten rule out there that says you arent allowed to do that, but that didnt stop juan or charlie...

• 2 weeks later...
Yep it is a Japanese based show and possibly themed, last I heard the music was even written Japanese style so it was hard for some of the students to read. And also apparently their preshow is really long.

ah yah, origionally we got this preshow that was 4 minutes long. But there was too many disagreements between the people creating our drill, so they did away with it. Yeah, noone had a problem reading it because it was japenese style at our school, lol. Its just that because its a different type of music, its just really difficult, but we always play really hard music.

I think this years show will be exciting, but i really cant say for sure, seeing as we've hardly learned any drill yet because our drill writer keeps giving us incorrect drill, which is what happened last year *ugh*.

Last year, we finished learning Enigma about 3 days before UIL.

From what I've been told from several Bell alumni, LD bell doesn't compete in state honor band, because the directors aren't fond of how the Honor Band Contest is run. This doesn't mean that they're slouches on the concert stages, considering how they either double or triple-sweep every year, and they've been getting more and more all-state players each year.