Langhams show is an origional arrangement by Key Poulan of "Gloriosa", which is by this japenese composer named Ito i believe.

At our game this week, well be playing the second half of the first movement, which is about 52 seconds long. (if we finish it, which im pretty sure we will.)

We might have to do an LCHS spell out to take up the rest of the time.

We just fired our drill writer this weekend because he was giving us un-usable drill, so we're very behind.

I forgot his name, but the new drill writer we hired used to be the director at Reagan and he wrote the shows apparently while he was there.

Right now he's re-doing our first 13 sets i believe , and working on correcting our second movement drill i think.

This year is becoming a repeat of last year for us, with all the delay and problems with getting drill

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oDesign @ Aug 27 2007, 11:23 PM)
Langhams show is an origional arrangement by Key Poulan of "Gloriosa", which is by this japenese composer named Ito i believe.
At our game this week, well be playing the second half of the first movement, which is about 52 seconds long. (if we finish it, which im pretty sure we will.)
We just fired our drill writer this weekend because he was giving us un-usable drill, so we're very behind.
I forgot his name, but the new drill writer we hired used to be the director at Reagan and he wrote the shows apparently while he was there.
Right now he's re-doing our first 13 sets i believe , and working on correcting our second movement drill i think.

Mark Chambers is the name.

Brazoswood's show is entitled, "Rain"

Their musical selections are:

Theme from The Passion Soundtrack

Cloudburst - Eric Whitacre

Escapade - Joseph Spaniola

Water Night - Eric Whitacre

Aegean Festival Overture - Andreas Makris

I'm gonna plug for a pal of mine here....but he arranged the music for Brazoswood's show this year. I've been listening to it for the past few days. It's fantastic!

thanks, sounds interesting.

Very cool. Hopefully I'll get to see the show. Frou Frou's 'Let Go' is one of my favorite songs, ever.

Also, Mansfield's third movement is Hide an Seek by Imogen Heap as well. It's still a lot different than The Woodlands show last year. It's hard to describe heh. You'll just have to hear it. The beginning of the movement starts off with a six person sax ensemble at the front of the field that will really sound cool (I may be a bit biased, heh) and ends with a flute solo. The last movement is an arrangement of Imogen Heap music. Just wait and see it.

HIDE AND SEEK!!! *droooool* I love that song. Hahah it annoys the heck out of my friends though.

"wherrrrrrrrrrre are we..." :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, like what borchnork said we dont play till next week and I believe it is Forney (yellowjackets or something like that). I don't remember much about their band though. I know they live far away from us. Long bus ride - yay!

QUOTE (Vegiphobe @ Aug 29 2007, 03:51 PM)
Also, Mansfield's third movement is Hide an Seek by Imogen Heap as well.  It's still a lot different than The Woodlands show last year.  It's hard to describe heh.  You'll just have to hear it.  The beginning of the movement starts off with a six person sax ensemble at the front of the field that will really sound cool (I may be a bit biased, heh) and ends with a flute solo.  The last movement is an arrangement of Imogen Heap music.  Just wait and see it.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. You guys are playing my favorite songs.

Whitacre's 'Lux' is my favorite symphonic piece.

Imogen Heap's 'Hide and Seek' is my favorite song followed by her 'Let Go.'

This year is becoming a repeat of last year for us, with all the delay and problems with getting drill

omg hes not that director there anymore?

QUOTE (whitewing09 @ Aug 29 2007, 09:38 PM)
omg hes not that director there anymore?

Mark Chambers left his position at Ronald Reagan HS this past school year in order to work full-time for the Crossmen. Mark Koehl, former assistant at Reagan, is now the head director. It's not much of a change. Koehl had a large role with the band during the marching band season.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. You guys are playing my favorite songs.

Whitacre's 'Lux' is my favorite symphonic piece.

Imogen Heap's 'Hide and Seek' is my favorite song followed by her 'Let Go.'

Yeah Lux is one of the most gorgeous pieces i've ever heard!

Our drill is pretty difficult also.

Alot harder than last years...

But it should be a good show!

are you incredibly sure it's a person from Reagan?

we have the previous drill writer from Reagan on staff at Westfield and from what I know Mark Chambers is working with the Crossmen...so correct me if im wrong.

Im gonna bite on this one too. from what the person posted, it seems as if someone from Reagan is writing their drill. BUT i know for a fact that it's not Kevin Nix, and I'm not very fond of the idea that Mark Chambers is writing drill for high schools now.

I also dont beleive that it could be Chambers, becuz i was always under the impression of Nix doing drill at Reagan.

Baffled*

QUOTE (bossman @ Aug 31 2007, 08:04 AM)
Im gonna bite on this one too. from what  the person posted, it seems as if someone from Reagan is writing their drill. BUT i know for a fact that it's not Kevin Nix, and I'm not very fond of the idea that Mark Chambers is writing drill for high schools now.
I also dont beleive that it could be Chambers, becuz i was always under the impression of Nix doing drill at Reagan.

Baffled*

How are you not fond of Mark Chambers designing drill? I hope it's not because he's in drum corps now. Mark is still currently active in the marching band activity as an adjudicator, clinician for Youth Education in the Arts, and designer.

Mark has written drill for many years even before he worked at Ronald Reagan. He collaborated with Kevin Nix with the drill design and visual concepts for Ronald Reagan's marching shows while he was the head director.

are you incredibly sure it's a person from Reagan?

we have the previous drill writer from Reagan on staff at Westfield and from what I know Mark Chambers is working with the Crossmen...so correct me if im wrong.

im incredibly sure.

Hes writing for us WHILE working with the Crossman.

We were really luck to find someone like him, especially on such short notice.

Now all thats left is to play a HUGE game of catch up.