Cadets

Fortisimo

I hated it! I enjoyed Westfield 03 and Kennesaw Mountain 04 more than the Cadets show. TAKE OUT THE NARRATION! It does nothing for the show. I'm ok with some tasteful narration, i.e. Bluecoats 07, Cadets 05, etc. This has just gone too far. It takes away from the musical performance. Also, to me it seems a bit "snooty." They act like they are the only ones who make sacrifices and stuff. The music is awesome! They are playing really well, but the narration takes away from the whole show.

QUOTE (NSUMusician @ Jun 18 2007, 09:42 AM)
I hated it!  I enjoyed Westfield 03 and Kennesaw Mountain 04 more than the Cadets show.  TAKE OUT THE NARRATION!  It does nothing for the show.  I'm ok with some tasteful narration, i.e. Bluecoats 07, Cadets 05, etc.  This has just gone too far.  It takes away from the musical performance.  Also, to me it seems a bit "snooty."  They act like they are the only ones who make sacrifices and stuff.  The music is awesome!  They are playing really well, but the narration takes away from the whole show.

Could not have agreed more. The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the show was....Kennesaw Mountain 2004.

Well, like I said, the narration isn't that great. The opening to Aeolus is the only part that I thought didn't suck as far as that goes, but the music kicks major ****, so I figure just ignore the bad and take the good. Keep in mind, this is their first performance, and I've heard the narration has been vastly improved since then.