You know your a band nerd when..

TRtrumpet

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... applicable to me are... every chic you've been interested has been in band :wub: , when you name ALL SIX of your tenor drums :blink: , when you read forums like this :mellow: , when you have a different weight for monday than you do the rest of the week, when every single teacher of yours knows your in band, when current and previous teachers reccomend you to be the 'band tutor' since band kids can't seem to make it to regular tutorial times, when all your friends is in band, when you're in physics class doing bogus questions about simple harmonic motion and you're the only one that bothers to ask why anyone would want a tuning fork that vibrated 5000 times a second, when you know about all drama going on between every band student, when you eat lunch in the band hall, when you don't know certain people... but know their drill number, when the closest thing you've done to being on an athletics team was for band olympics...

*sigh* i'm sure more will come.

-When the season is finally over, instead of taking it easy you sit down at the computer and write music and/or drill in your free time.

wow...when do I not do that?

-when you steal a couple scores (or make copies) and write the show into finale to hear the music before you get it

-you dont miss a rehearsal all year

-you get mad at espn for not showing ll of the dci shows..

hehe i did all those things!

^the first one was about u..

and yes u have missed rehearsals before..so dont even try that one..

-when at the retreat of your last competition, your already thinking about next years marching show

*thinks back* i haven't missed any rehersals!

I've been late to them and missed the Fundamentals due to tutorials(by tutorials I mean staying in Comp Sci till all the other band people are finished w/ what they have to do)

oh yea..well i guess that counts as late..or SKIPPING>>>

i missed one day the whole year..the day i was sick and didnt go to school

-when ya write three pages of posts...in the off-topic (non band section) of a band site

-when your are cleaning out the band hall and lost and found (because your leadership..not for fun) and theres about 20+ waterbottles...and instead of throwing them away with all the clothes, shoes..and misc. u find in the band hall..u keep them in the corner thinking that someone who will forget there water bottle in the future will have one....whoo...long explanation

-when ya know the electronics to your theater better than the drama kids

-when you watch marching videos during comp sci instead of working

-when ya can toss a flag or rifle better than a colorguard member...(lol..u know u get alot of free time in music theory)

-when ya decide your band site is lame and u create a whole new one on your own..

-when you procrastinate on your calculus homework by sitting here and posting all of teh above...(which im doing now)