Texas is also a major business hub, and with the building of the new stadium in Arlington, we'll have the possibility a more viable selection for a World Championship, But of course DCI and BOA will stay in Indianapolis.

What's the problem with Reliant Staduim? Isn't it the newest NFL Stadium to date?

Besides, this would bring in more revenue than an entire collection of Houston Texans Season Passes.

What's the problem with Reliant Staduim? Isn't it the newest NFL Stadium to date?

Besides, this would bring in more revenue than an entire collection of Houston Texans Season Passes.

Good point. It is one of the newest NFL Stadiums but how many marching events have been held at Reliant Stadium since its opening?? Not many, by my count. There has to be a reason for the lack of marching events held there. Since Reliant Stadium is one of the newest, state-of-the-art stadium in the Nation, I can only imagine what it would cost to rent it out for an entire weekend.

I doubt Bands of America will host Grand Nationals anywhere in Texas anytime soon. Why? Just think of how many Texas bands will register for the competition.

Yeah, it'll be great to give bands that don't have the funds to travel to Indianapolis the Grand Nationals experience. But then again, Nationals will just turn into an all-Texas competition. It's all about diversity.

Although, I do feel that Grand Nationals should be rotated between three cities (Indianapolis, St. Louis & Atlanta) and be held in Indianapolis every other year.

IE: Indianapolis in 2010, St. Louis in 2011, Indianapolis in 2012, Atlanta in 2013, Indianapolis in 2014, and etc....)

• 2 weeks later...

as cool as my director is, sometimes i wonder about him... kids(at our school) are usually in band cuz of marching. especially going to state. its like they only want to try on state years and cruise by non-state years... i was talking to one of our assnt. directors about this because somebody brought up the fact that there are a lot of seniors who quit band on non-state years... i then asked why dont we go to BOA grand nats... his response was that in 2002 we got 20th at BOA in arlington (that same year we got 10th at state)...i said that we should not do any BOA stuff on state years and go to all the BOA stuff we could including GNs on non state years, so we could focus on UIL one year and BOA the other... he said he'll discuss this with the other directors...yeah right... oh well this is my last year anyways