Ok, I'm sure someone has mentioned this by now, but I'm too lazy to go back through the archives. Any word yet on who is gonna represent Texas next year up in Indianapolis?

Some that I've heard confirmed: Bell, Reagan, SFA, + The Woodlands

Some that I'm waiting for a word on: Marcus, Richland, and...Westfield perhaps (It has, afterall, been 4 years).

BOA will probably announce all this stuff soon enough, but I'm getting bored of waiting.

You're correct on L.D. Bell, Ronald Reagan, Stephen F. Austin & The Woodlands. Oh, and by the way....

Not naming names but word on the street is that a certain two-time Grand National Champion band from Georgia will be returning.

Grand Nationals is going to be an amazing one. The lineup could be one of or if not the strongest in BOA history. What a way to say goodbye to the RCA Dome.

That's freaking ridiculous. I wanna think it's safe to say that some bands will miss finals for the first time *cough*northernbands*cough* Hopefully we'll have at least five TX bands in finals if things go well. I'm kinda worried, though, 'bout that particular Georgia band winning the entire thing. We shall see I suppose.

QUOTE (mbui @ Mar 22 2007, 11:50 PM)
You're correct on L.D. Bell, Ronald Reagan, Stephen F. Austin & The Woodlands.  Oh, and by the way....
Not naming names but word on the street is that a certain two-time Grand National Champion band from Georgia will be returning.

Grand Nationals is going to be an amazing one. The lineup could be one of or if not the strongest in BOA history. What a way to say goodbye to the RCA Dome.

says who?

why do they have GNats in IN is it like half way inbetween everything or what?

I can not find it right now, but I remember reading that Indianapolis is within a day's drive of a high percentage of the competitive band programs in the United States. Also, BOA's offices are located in Indianapolis.

Yeah... If Westfield goes I *might* just have to buy a plane ticket. Actually, I'll probably end up going anyway if all the bands mentioned above really are participating. Complete insanity I tell you. Plus, I might as well see the stadium one last time after having two good high school experiences there.

Yeah... If Westfield goes I *might* just have to buy a plane ticket. Actually, I'll probably end up going anyway if all the bands mentioned above really are participating. Complete insanity I tell you. Plus, I might as well see the stadium one last time after having two good high school experiences there.

I MIGHT have to buy a ticket myself... ^_^

QUOTE (bossman @ Mar 26 2007, 09:16 AM)
i want to also know why alot of major events are held in idianapolis.
if it were'nt for the colts/Grand Nats, i wouldt know where indianapolis is.

Indianapolis is well known as a tourism and convention city. A lot of companies and organizations across the country make their headquartersthere.

Also, Drum Corps International will be relocating their headquarters to Indy next year and will host the next ten World Championships there.