• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baron Cimetiere's Mambo!?! Were you in HASWE? It was definitely a cool piece to play.

yeah that's the one...sorry for not putting the full title...

i played it in HASWE and even though we only had a week to learn it...it was still pretty fun to play...i jus can't wait to play it with our symphonic band...it ought to sound GREAT!!! i'm definitely getting a recording of it when we get finished ^_^

Ok our show is set.

Donna HS Honors Band

Overture to Candide

Rolling Thunder

Trittico

Its pretty cool that we have everything learned and decent so early in the year, to bad Lux Arumque wasn't not the list yet.

Westfield's concert band is playing overture to candine this year and our symphonic played it back in 04...both pieces are tight to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Blue Shades has been added to our list. We still don't know the name of our March yet. It's undecided.

*shakes fist*

lucky...

Pasadena Memorial is playing:

=Movement for Rosa - which i hate

=Shepherd's Hey - which i'm not fond of until we take it nearer performance tempo

=Procession of Sardar - interesting piece that keeps our attention on first clarinet, but it gets old

our director told me that he wanted to play molly on the shore next year, but i don't know if he was serious. i don't know / think we have the lowreeds to play it :(

i brought up the first movement of Weber's 2nd Concerto...haha he said no amusedly

I have found out the march we are playing.

Easter Monday on a White House Lawn - Sousa.

There is a lot of technical parts for the upper woodwinds. There are absolutely no black notes on my page. Pretty much all 16th notes. I love it. Fairly easy, but the hardest march I've ever played considering I was in the last band for the last 2 years in HS.

Has anybody here played Southern Harmony??? We are playing it this year and i just dont like it as much as the other 2 pieces. Its really technical for woodwinds i guess but im a brass player and it just kind of boreds me. I like the 3rd movement though. it sounds like a ho-down and all the brass are clapping the whole with the exceptions of tuba and horns.

i like molly on the shore since its mainly woodwinds playing it and a great solo clarinet but lowreed wise ; iono about at your school but its not impossible to do it .

the other bass clar. in my school this is her 1st time in the top band and she dint have much experience with grade 5 music but shes getting it slowly at a time

Pearland High School Honors Band

March (from Symphonic Metamorphosis)-Hindemith

Molly on the Shore - Granger

1st Suite in E flat (all 3 mvt.) -Holst

Haha, I got to play the March in 1st Suite, that was fun.

• 2 weeks later...
i didnt like how it turned out in HASWE, but i like what it was supposed to turn out.

Percussion will kill in that piece. First clarinets will kill in that piece. Tubas will kill in that piece. Pianist will kill in that piece. It's gonna be hard to put together though.

Oh man, I remember playing that piece at HASWE. I hope i get to hear yall perform it at some point. I'm sure yall will smoke it.

Spring High School's Symphonic Band will be playing:

Boys of the Old Brigade by Chambers (at least i'm pretty sure thats what it's called)

La Procesion du Rucio by Turina/Arr. Reed

Symphony for Band (Symphony No. 6) by Persichetti (The timpani part to this piece makes me happy to be a percussionist)

Oh man, I remember playing that piece at HASWE. I hope i get to hear yall perform it at some point. I'm sure yall will smoke it.

Spring High School's Symphonic Band will be playing:

Boys of the Old Brigade by Chambers (at least i'm pretty sure thats what it's called)

La Procesion du Rucio by Turina/Arr. Reed

Symphony for Band (Symphony No. 6) by Persichetti (The timpani part to this piece makes me happy to be a percussionist)

i like songs the fact that i can't pronounce that second song...it sounds like it would be a interesting piece.