Not for UIL, but next semseter I want to work on the Richard Strauss Horn Concerto No. 2 in Eb. It's pretty challenging, and you have to transpose the entire piece to F.

i did that last year! lol..but my lessons teacher transposed it for me, but this year i'm doing some french solo by like saint-seans or however u spell it..i dont know i forgot the name. my new lessons teacher picked it out for me

I'm playing Ransom by Mark Ford. It's a pretty cool four-mallet solo, but I'm not having as much fun learning it as I did with Rhythm Song...

you had FUN learning Rhythm song?!! haha I did that one last year- it was pretty much a PAIN to learn, gahh :P buut this year I'm doing the first mexican dance.. so that should be cool.

Solo: Mozart's "Larghetto" (Not really looking forward to playing a Mozart solo because I got a 2 on another solo as a freshman)

Ensemble: "Praeludium" or something; it's a clarinet sextet or whatever it's called with 6 people in it :)

I'm kind of ticked that my band director won't let me choose my solo, but I'm going to practice another one anyway and see if he'll let me do it. I'm a senior, and I think I should be able to choose my own solo when our old director let upperclassmen change their solos if they wanted to. We'll see!

Chic' date='Dec 15 2006, 11:33 AM'] i did that last year! lol..but my lessons teacher transposed it for me, but this year i'm doing some french solo by like saint-seans or however u spell it..i dont know i forgot the name. my new lessons teacher picked it out for me

Well, you lost an oppurtunity to become proficient at Eb transposition then.