Made for Your Instrument

So do you think anybody can learn any instrument, or are some people just born to play a certain one?

For me I've determined that it's a very good thing I didn't start on percussion. I CANNOT learn even how to hold the sticks right. <_<

I can kinda do brass, but it seems like woodwinds are my thing. Then again, I can't make any noise come out on flute, and even with three clarinets trying to help me I can't get anything but overtones out on the clar.

Low reeds for me! :D

i honestly believe that some instruments only fit certain personalities...you can't be a naturally weak person and be good at instruments like the tuba/bari sax...and u notice that it seems as if more girls tend to go for woodwind instruments and more guys for brass instruments...and certain personalities are attracted to each instruments...

i dunno...it's jus something i picked up on. Just look around and u can kinda tell.

I think you can be made for an instrument. It's weird, but I think someone's personality can really dictate the most likely candidate for an instrument.

Example:

Trumpets-generally very cocky people, love to show off

Horns/Mellos-just like the nickname implies, usually very mellow

Saxophones-Kinda calm, quiet, but can suprise you

Drummers/Percussionists-Crazy, cocky, and overall goofballs

Flutes-can be bipolar. The nicest people around certain people, but also known to gossip and even insult others.

These are generalities, so not ALL people will be like this. Usually, though, these are your groups of people

I think you can be made for an instrument. It's weird, but I think someone's personality can really dictate the most likely candidate for an instrument.

Example:

Flutes-can be bipolar. The nicest people around certain people, but also known to gossip and even insult others.

These are generalities, so not ALL people will be like this. Usually, though, these are your groups of people

Yeah I agree with that...

So what does playing bassoon make me?

Example:

That's my band for you right there.

at our school its:

Trumpets - Cocky "I think i know it all"attitude

MellosFrenchys - Smart people

Flutes/Clarinets - Dramaful

Tubas - Stupid... but have fun

Saxes - Obnoxious "i bet i could play louder then you" attitude

Percussion - Cocky "I'm better then you cuz i beat with my stick"

Guard - Drama, Drama, PMS, and Drama

haha i'm a trumpet, but I have the "I bet I could play louder than you" attitude

lol..i kinda think we are, like i've noticed that certain ppls voices start sounding like there instrument, there's a kid who plays bassoon and his voice sounds just like that...idk maybe its cuz we've been around it soo long it just seems like it was fate, i couldnt imagine myself playing anything but french horn..

and whitewing ur sooo right that fits my band sooo perfectly too

at our school its:

Trumpets - Cocky "I think i know it all"attitude

MellosFrenchys - Smart people

Flutes/Clarinets - Dramaful

Tubas - Stupid... but have fun

Saxes - Obnoxious "i bet i could play louder then you" attitude

Percussion - Cocky "I'm better then you cuz i beat with my stick"

Guard - Drama, Drama, PMS, and Drama

It's not totally like that @ my school...we have really smart tubas who have fun and who are really good at what they do (at least, the first band tubas..I dont really know the others as well). Our mellos and french horns ARE smart, and the trumpets attitude is RIGHT ON the money (but we love them anyway). Our saxes and our percussion are really relaxed and we clarinets...well, we don't CAUSE drama, but there is a lot of drama within the section. Luckily, it's all solved and now that we're separated into different bands, we're okay.

• 2 weeks later...