How big is your band?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got around 160, and we're 4A in Texas. There are only freshmen through juniors in our band, so we'll only be getting bigger next year when we add a senior class. We opened our school two years ago with 35 freshmen in our band and that's it, so I've had a bit of the same experience that Three valve circus has had. It's been great to watch this band grow and get better and better year by year.

We have roughly 320-330 kids in our band (including guard). This year I think we are marching around 250. Then there is the pit and the other 60-70 kids who don't march at contests but march at football games. We had a small entering freshman class this year, but thats ok. The band is still pretty big--5A.

• 2 weeks later...
40 is our clarinet section...

yeah we have around 300...5A

hey gl token....sign up to our forums

thats alot of claris's! lol thats pretty bad that your clari section is bigger than our whole band :lol: i always used to wanna be in a big band but now im starting to enjoy bein in a small band.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We've got around 160, and we're 4A in Texas. There are only freshmen through juniors in our band, so we'll only be getting bigger next year when we add a senior class. We opened our school two years ago with 35 freshmen in our band and that's it, so I've had a bit of the same experience that Three valve circus has had. It's been great to watch this band grow and get better and better year by year.

Oh, Ryan.. You have no idea how much I miss your school. I really wish I could be part of Vista Ridge and see my friends again.

Now lets see.. How many people do I have in our band? Well, the entire marching band including guard would be a tiny bit over 200. We are indeed a 5A school. Of course, I don't know how many guard members there are, so subtract about 20 or so and that's our aproximate number of students enroled in band. B)

Which, is farely small.. Yes, I know. :\

• 3 weeks later...