I've learned that even Dallas can be fun as long as you have a little "creativity"...

For example: Last year our band went to Dallas and we went to Medieval Times. One of my friends thought the bad guy in the show was really hot, so the whole time she was cheering for him and catcalling him (and he heard her, because sometimes he'd smile or wave at her). At the end of the show when he's being dragged off in chains, she yells out, "I love you!" And you could distinctly see him say to her, "I love you too, babe!" That was definitely one of the highlights of the trip for me.

The fun part for us was taunting the knights' servants (squires maybe?) of the other colors (we were black and white) by screaming "BLACK AND WHITE!!!!" at them at the top of our lungs. Some of them stabbed their spears at us through the nets and another one just sort of pretended he couldn't hear us anymore. Ah...t'was great.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for those of you who are going to Dallas.

Its boring.

Nah, it's a change for us...our district's junior high and high school has been doing DC Festivals in San Antonio for like, forever (I went three years--7th, 8th and 10th) so going to Dallas is almost as good as going out of state. Okay, maybe not ALMOST, but it'll give me a chance to kick back & relax before my two AP exams and my college government final exam

It's always better when it's not so close.

People from far away always rant and rave about how great South Padre Island is, and I think they are crazy because it's just a beach...nothing grand. I would probably think differently if I didn't live about an hour away from it.

Same with Galveston..though seriously, the beaches get disgusting when the seaweed comes on shore and the county hasn't gotten around to cleaning it up :(

okay what happend was cuz of the bad weather one plane was circling dallas for like 2 hours before they had to fly to houston. another plane was canceled and kids had to stay over night at the new york air port. then they double booked like 10 people so they had to stay in new york and wait for another flight. some people had to go to new jersey... we did manage to have one "on time" flight though... they didnt screw up entirely...

then on the news they talked about summit hs's problems....psht, that was nothing...

You're right, our entire band (not just 1/3) was stuck in Chicago with virtually no money. Then we manage to find a hotel, only to be told we have to stay 6 to a room and some rooms had no bed. Most of us didn't even get to the hotel until after 12 because we only had like 1 shuttle transporting us from the airport. Then we find out we're going to be split up and go pretty much all over the country to catch a flight to Dallas because it was the only way. Then we wake up at 6 and get to airport only to be told we had that we had to swtich flights again. Then after all that is said and done, our flight gets delayed until 5pm because Chicago starts getting bad weather. Just when we though it was finally over and our plane was like having troubles or something so we sat there for thirty minutes on the plane while they fixed something. It was a long day, but that's nothing.

But don't get me wrong, Chicago was AMAZING.