Make your own reeds?

Nancy08

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ill tell you a little secret of mind...

hehehe..hehe..hehe..ok.

Now when your reed (except double reeds, i apologize) is 2 weeks old and you notice it starting to go bad.

take the shavings off by your lower teeth.

and then try to smooth it out by your thumb and look up to the light to see the heart and all that stupid stuff.

Hey, it adds 1 more measly week of life (if that is if you do it right) and plus, adds 10 more weeks of patience in getting new reeds from the internet.

There's my secret. A poor little mexican whose trying to salvage money to go spend it on his girlfriend. :)

I don't know any woodwind players who make their own reeds, not a lot of people do it.

I'm no WW player but there's just something really cool in being able to say you "make your own reeds". It's like an art in itself, and aesthetically would seem to reflect the commitment and skill of the player....like a rite of passage into good musicianship or something.

Kinda like forging your own lightsaber.....I dunno, the concept just sounds really cool to me :mellow: .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...