Do you march low reeds?

Wow. Our band has 8(5 guys and 3 girls) bass clarinets, and about 6 tenor saxes, but sadly no bari saxes, although I'm sure some of our altos and tenors would love to. Two of our bass clarinetists(that makes 10 bc's total) are on clarinet right now, and atleast 3 of our tenors are bassoonists(our other one is on alto). I might be corrected on this by some other LHS people, because I'm not sure of the number of tenors.

All of our bassoonists are expected to be able to play their tenor/alto saxes. Of course they're not expected to be as good as the people who have been playing them for a while, but still. Same thing goes for oboes. They march flute or pit(2 of ours in pit, 1 in flute). The only time you probably wouldn't march and play at our school is if you switch from woodwind-brass or vice-versa, such as I did my sophomore year(bass clarinet to mellophone, quite a difference).

Oh, and most of our bass clarinets don't march with neckstraps. 6 out of the 8 march without. Myself and a freshman use them (I'm a clutz, so I had to take the necessary precautions, but I have gone neckstrapless before). Some of our saxophones have tried to go without, but got in trouble by the directors, or so I've heard. I never saw the people I heard about try to do it, but I'm sure it would be great.

I think we seguin, 8 Bass clarinets but only marches 7, we have 3 bari sax but only 2 march( the other one is a colorguard), and 4 tenor but marches 3(one is in colorguard and have a soprano/alto solo during the ballad) and double reeds we have are all in the cymbal line. So we have an all girl cymbal line and an all girl snare line. I dont think tht has ever happened before.

We have 6 bass clarinets (including me) and we all march. We have 2 baris this year (4 last year) they all march and 4 tenor saxes and they all march. the low reeds are strong here....we even made cool shirts last year that are like "Drop it like its hot (front)...Get low with the low reeds (back)" and we have like ghetto pics of everyone together on the front and we made up ghetto names on the back (mine said Jordan aka Aquanisha) its was sooooooooo funny :lol: . Good times, good times. :rolleyes: