2006 UIL State

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So San Antonio was pretty crazy...what do you guys now see happening at state. I know the scoring systems arent the same, but this is a big regional and it gives a good idea of how bands are doing. Of course there are bands out there thats didn't go (i.e. Spring) so im just curious where you see them placing now and such. i think San antonio might show some ideas to what state could hold.

I'm pretty sure the TCU marching band is performing after finals.

They're a great band. Brian Youngblood is the director, same guy who writes the drill for countless top HS marching programs.

He used to write drill for us once upon a time, he was tough to the bands at DMI. For those that don't know, TCU's show this year is The Firebird, and it is amazing.

It will probably end up being a judging nightmare like it always is...

Your band's placements will be: 1, 26, 5, 374, 13, and you will win state.

I hate UIL.

My band (Judson) got a 10 15 12 13 and 27 at UiL Area D... our show was called gimmiky and immature (Once Upon a Time In Graceland... [original comp. by Richard Saucedo])... and yet to us, it was our best performance of the season thus far... of course BOA San Antonio was much better... needless to say I felt like we had been slapped in the face, to be rated 27th out of 28 bands... but whom am i to say we're better then anyother band y'know? That'd make me big headed... I'll just say that bands that have never beat us before, beat us and we felt like this was the best season our band has had in years... at BOA SA '03 (my freshman year) we scored a 79.9 and that was our highest score to date... i am now a senior and at BOA SA we scored a 78.35... what makes things worse is that i don't want us to seem as the band that got a lucky break at Houston BOA... i mean we were scared that we wouldn't even make finals at all considering our electronics kept spazzing out during prelims... we got 10th in prelims then 6th at finals... what i'm really trying to say is that we knew it was our best season but it seems like many other bands stepped it up as well... it's very difficult to hold your head up high in a system that is based solely by the numbers but hey, good job to all this year... i remember a comment left by Danpod about "Us Judson people needing to calm down and to let our performance do the talking"... Dan i understand that this whole judging thing is your thing... but it's very difficult when i truly believe in myself that our band gets better... but judges don't seem find the results we think we've got... in closing i don't want pitty for our band, i don't want sympathy i just want people to realize that it ain't always abotu number folks... we knew we had opur best season yet... and it didn't take numbers to show us that...

l.d. bell really deserves to win this one!

What makes L.D. Bell more deserving than any other band? Every band that made it to the state level obviously gave it their all every day of the season, and any band that would have won would have deserved it for their efforts alone. There is nothing besides this that makes one group more deserving than another. As for Marcus, I would say that winning in their second time to advance to the state level speaks pretty highly about their work ethic and personal desire.