Okay... I'm a junior in The Woodlands College Park High School band. Alot of people within our program are wondering what everybody else thinks of us, since we are only a 2-year-old program. Did any of you see us at BOA Houston (Pearland) or Lone Star? It'd be really awesome to know what you think.

Brian

Trumpet

The Woodlands College Park High School Band

Its not okay to fish for compliments to make yourself feel better. Please dont post things like this....

Its been happening alot lately.

Obviously your band is good, you just got second place at a competition with alot of good bands. What do you expect people to think about you?

Let this be a message for everyone: I don't care if you go to reagan or some podunk school in the boonies, it is NOT OK to fish for compliments.

Sorry if I sound pissed, its just annoying. :D

Why isn't it alright?

Fishing for comments, is when you create a new, anonymous account for the sole purpose of seeing what people thought of the so and so band, often coupled with some self hype.

Nothing at all wrong with people honestly wanting to know what people think of their band. Especially when the band is rarely discussed, how else is he going to get some feedback. Isn't this a forum for talking about Tx bands?

I think the whole issue just got blown way out of proportion on the BOA forums at one point, no need to start that up again here.

I think you just need to calm down a little bit.

Its not okay to fish for compliments to make yourself feel better. Please dont post things like this....

He's not trying to make himself feel better. College Park is amazing.

I see nothing wrong with brian asking what people think. a 2-year old program needs somewhere to grow from. and it gives all of us something to discuss.

I was very surprised with you guys, people at twh were saying you guys weren't doing well at all this year.. and I was shocked when I saw you guys at boa houston. I expect big things from college park in a few years.

Hey man...im not gonna lie...college park surprised the crap outa me. I know with Royal behind the helm...yall were in good hands. Shes the one who made Westfield so visually dominant while she was there. She could clean like crazy, and it shows with how dominant yall are visually. I really enjoyed the visual aspect of your show quite a bit.

Musically...i wasn't as impressed. I dont know if it was the music...but i think it was. The music just didnt grab me. I think once yall get your music program at the same level as your visual abilities....you guys will be a force. Honestly, i can very easily see yall challenging the woodlands for the best band in CISD in the near future.

First off... I wasn't trying to start anything. I just wanted an honest opinion on our program. I don't see the problem with that. We won't know what to fix in our show if we don't know what areas need improvement. We haven't been around long enough for people to talk about us unless we ask. Sorry if I offended anyone. Second - yes, there is a website. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it keeps us informed. www.twcpband.com

Brian

Trumpet

First off... I wasn't trying to start anything. I just wanted an honest opinion on our program. I don't see the problem with that. We won't know what to fix in our show if we don't know what areas need improvement. We haven't been around long enough for people to talk about us unless we ask. Sorry if I offended anyone. Second - yes, there is a website. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it keeps us informed. www.twcpband.com

Brian

Trumpet

Im pretty sure your band director doesnt decide what shes going to fix based off of what other band kids say.

You know what... you're right. She probably doesn't, but she does hold very highly the opinions of her own students. I don't see what's wrong with asking what other people think? Would you have a problem if I was from Reagan and I asked what you thought of College Park? Probably not. So what's the big deal in me wanting to know what other people think? And I'm not "fishing for compliments". Your reply could have been "you guys suck," I just wanted honest feedback and I really don't see a problem with it.

Yeah...

Spring band member here..

I was pretty sure we were gonna get second also

But who knows... silly judge that was the only one to give us a SEVEN.

And it was most unusual of him to come up with the sentence "I didnt like your last chord"

Apparently your last chord can change a one to a seven.

Silly judge.

EDIT: Oh yeah, nice job though. Didnt get to see it, but care to explain about the large.. aerobic bouncy balls that i heard about?

I don't know that I can really explain them... Other than our show is titled "Fusion" and if you look up a diagram of fusion... that's kinda what they look like. They're like exercise balls... and they're blue. I've gotten yelled at more than once for laughing at our guard girls for having giant blue balls. I'm not exactly sure what they're for, though... I guess it's a guard thing.