Area D contest

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on how many advanced from the corresponding Regions.

The Area with Churchill and Reagan in it (Area D now, Area E in 2004 and 2002) is notorious for taking six bands to State, which is a tribute to the good bands around the Region.

The top four from Area D are a lock. I list them in no particular order:

Ronald Reagan

Cedar Park

James Bowie

Winston Churchill

All four of these bands made State Finals in 2004. Talk about stacked! Let's hope these guys don't kick the **** out of each other and save something for State.

Last one or two spots???? It's still a toss up in my eyes. If it were up to me, and it is, I'd put.....

You're going to have to wait for the podcast ^_^

I cannot wait to see this contest! It's pretty much in my school's backyard. (You can see it if you look off of the top of the Home side of RRISD Stadium.) I guess it's kinda nice when you're 4A and it's not a state year...you can watch the whole Area contest from the front without having to worry about performing. I'd say that 6 will make state from this area. Even with 6, there will definitely still be a few that completely deserve to make it who won't. If anyone else is planning on coming out to RRISD Stadium to watch, let me know. I will more than likely be there all day. This contest is pretty much going to be like a mini-State Marching/BOA Contest. It's gonna be great!

I cannot wait to see this contest! It's pretty much in my school's backyard. (You can see it if you look off of the top of the Home side of RRISD Stadium.) I guess it's kinda nice when you're 4A and it's not a state year...you can watch the whole Area contest from the front without having to worry about performing. I'd say that 6 will make state from this area. Even with 6, there will definitely still be a few that completely deserve to make it who won't. If anyone else is planning on coming out to RRISD Stadium to watch, let me know. I will more than likely be there all day. This contest is pretty much going to be like a mini-State Marching/BOA Contest. It's gonna be great!

Oh yeah.. we are all excited about this Area compitition. Round Rock HS is hosting it..well, the band is..Screw the HS. lol

Look at the Area B 3A and 5A draw order for that contest. From the '04 area contest, Whitesboro, Canton, Wills Point, and Princeton advanced to the State level. From those 4 alone, Canton is the State Marching Champion, Wills Point was 5th, Whitesboro 6th, and Princeton 10th (I think?). Now, add Mabank, Frisco Liberty, and Argyle (the 2A state marching champion last year), and that's a dog fight in itself. That's just 3A. In the 5A's there's L.D. Bell, Mansfield, Richland, Marcus, Colleyville Heritage, Martin, Haltom, Hebron, Allen, Plano East, Bowie, and Newman Smith. If that's not going to be a tough area contest... then I dunno what is. That schedule looks like this area contest is going to be the hardest in the state! Man I hope I can go watch! :D

In the 5A's there's L.D. Bell, Mansfield, Richland, Marcus, Colleyville Heritage, Martin, Haltom, Hebron, Allen, Plano East, Bowie, and Newman Smith.  If that's not going to be a tough area contest... then I dunno what is.  That schedule looks like this area contest is going to be the hardest in the state!  Man I hope I can go watch! :D

If I had to pick 5 out of those, I'd go with Bell, Richland, Marcus, Haltom, and Hebron. But the rest of those bands provide for another heck of an area.

I just realized how stacked this area is. I wish I could just watch it.

Reagan, Churchill, Bowie, Cedar Park, Judson, Westlake, Akins, Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown...

And they only take 5, correct? Perhaps 6?

You can't leave Seguin out of there. They made state in 2002, and have a very very safe "UIL" type show this year. Ive seen them on several occasions, and the drill designer set them up with alot of easy stuff that does well at UIL. They also sound very good. If they can clean up a few visual things, they will have a good shot at area finals and possibly state.

And I'm saying that all bias aside. They are not as strong a band as they were when I went to school there, but there show is very very safe. The directors know what they are doing.

I agree with you even though i am from that band but even though we have a safe show this year compare to 2004, we cant seem to get our head straight. What i mean is, we have been having a very inconsistence practice. The good thing is, we are getting better everytime weve perform the show. We do have a chance at making finals that night but making state is another thing.