9. O'Conner

10. Pflugerville

Percussion - Round Rock

Music - Bowie

Marching - Cedar Park

Aux - Cedar Park

GE - Bowie

*EDITED*

Does anyone have the scores? I only know the placements. And I know I'm leaving some other stuff out as well. But there's that! ^_^

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was our (Hendrickson's) first contest that we actually competed in, and I don't think we realized how dirty we were until this point. We're hoping this is going to be a turn around for us and we can bring everything back together for the Woodlands contest on the 21st and then BOA San Antonio on the 3rd.

Our show is considerably harder than last years because every year we've been trying to step our shows up in difficulty, both playing and marching, as our band grows in size (this is only our 4th year), and we have quuuuite a bit to clean.

Congratulations to all the bands in finals! We watched you in prelims, and you looked amazing! (Bowie, I LOVED your show!)

Not really.. didn't Hendrickson compete my last 2 years and made finals?

I think the post referred to the first competition for Hendrickson this year.

I showed up for most of Prelims but I got sick Friday night and sitting in the rain for part of Prelims didn't help me out at all. Great performances all around!

Ourspace.com was so funny. At the end I was singing to everyone hurts.

Just wondering but did anyone else nottice that Cedar Park didn't have a timpani player? It seems kind of weird for a 5A pit, also the one who is supposedly the best pit in central Texas to not have a voice like timpani in their show.

Ourspace.com was so funny. At the end I was singing to everyone hurts.

Just wondering but did anyone else nottice that Cedar Park didn't have a timpani player? It seems kind of weird for a 5A pit, also the one who is supposedly the best pit in central Texas to not have a voice like timpani in their show.

I've never heard of Cedar Park having the best pit.. But I didn't notice.

Did he fail or something? or did y'all just not have a timpani player?

That is how it is listed below..

School

Marching

Music

Percussion

Guard

Des/effect

Total

-5A Prelims-

Bowie

Cedar Park

Round Rock

Leander

Connally

Richardson

Georgetown

O'Connor

Pflugerville

Anderson

Southwest

Alvin

-Finals-

School

Marching

Music

Percussion

Guard

Des/Effect

Total

Bowie

Cedar Park

Round Rock

Connally

Leander

Georgetown

Dripping Spring

Richardson

O'Connor

Pflugerville

Medina Valley

I've never heard of Cedar Park having the best pit.. But I didn't notice.

Did he fail or something? or did y'all just not have a timpani player?

We have a timpani player. He was not permitted to go to this competition. I'd prefer to keep the reason for this in-house... but yeah, hes usually there, and he should be there from now on.

Not to sound embittered and arrogant, but...

Those judges were questionable in their scoring.

Dripping Springs had 6th grade music and marching difficulty- yet they were placed several points higher than both us and Hendrickson, whom we were 0.05 points behind. Overall, both Hendrickson and Vista Ridge would most definitely play Dripping Springs' music and march their drill more cleanly, if we marched their show. Yet, despite what are probably valid observations from the respectable judges, it would appear that their quantification of our performances into points is suspect. If Dripping Springs was the clear winner (even with music and marching on a level well below the level that both Hendrickson and my school perform with), then it should have NOT been by 5 points, or in the case of percussion, 8 points ahead of our school and 10 ahead of Hendrickson.

What I think the problem was was inconsistency in the judges' scoring methods for their given category- for instance, the color guard judge counts off more for mistakes than the percussion judge, etc.

Like always, before anyone gets angry for me asserting this stance... remember that we are all entitled to our opinions.

Not to sound embittered and arrogant, but...

Those judges were questionable in their scoring.

Dripping Springs had 6th grade music and marching difficulty- yet they were placed several points higher than both us and Hendrickson, whom we were 0.05 points behind. Overall, both Hendrickson and Vista Ridge would most definitely play Dripping Springs' music and march their drill more cleanly, if we marched their show. Yet, despite what are probably valid observations from the respectable judges, it would appear that their quantification of our performances into points is suspect. If Dripping Springs was the clear winner (even with music and marching on a level well below the level that both Hendrickson and my school perform with), then it should have NOT been by 5 points, or in the case of percussion, 8 points ahead of our school and 10 ahead of Hendrickson.

What I think the problem was was inconsistency in the judges' scoring methods for their given category- for instance, the color guard judge counts off more for mistakes than the percussion judge, etc.

Like always, before anyone gets angry for me asserting this stance... remember that we are all entitled to our opinions.

And this is why I don't like these little extra competitions. The scoring and judging is so weird in some cases that it's hard to rank bands throughout the season.

Does anyone happen to have the breakdown of scores for the 4A's(marching/music/percussion/design and effect)? By looking at these scores for the 5A's, it looks like we got 12th overall (81.6), but I would love to see the scores for the different captions if anyone happens to have them.

To anyone at Hendrickson...you guys are going to bounce back. I've been so impressed with the show design the past couple of years, and I really think y'all are going to be fine in the coming weeks. We were also in the same situation as you guys dance-wise ;) (cough).

Leander...after that disappointing 6th place finish at the CP Festival last week, I knew you guys would really turn it on this week. Great job, and good luck for the rest of the season! We'll always be out there to support y'all.

Great job to everyone at the contest! Up next is UIL for most everyone, so good luck next week. I'll be out there watching Region 26's 5A performances after we perform (since we're 4A and the stadium is right down the street from our school). It'll be my first opportunity to see shows from the front this year, so I'm really looking forward to it!

"Ourspace.com"..

I found it quite unique. I've never heard anything like it.

Was that show specifically written for Conally?

I suppose I'm a little confused, so could someone define what they mean by "funny" por favor? For anyone else confused/curious about our show, here's the lowdown:

Movement 1: New Born by Muse

Movement 2: Dance Suite by B

About Conally's show... I couldn't hear the narration too well, being backfield, but it seemed to me like the music didn't really match with the narration at some parts. The band sounded really good, regardless.

Ah, well, the dialogue isn't supposed to be in tempo with the music. It's just supposed to kinda... be, I suppose.

About Conally's show... I couldn't hear the narration too well, being backfield, but it seemed to me like the music didn't really match with the narration at some parts. The band sounded really good, regardless.

i couldnt hear it the first time when i was in the back either. it was all echo-y and stuff but it sounded really good from the front