Does anyone actually enjoy band...?

I'm one of those guys that enjoys band too much. Especially marching band. I had a cool start, though. I went to my first DCI contest when I was five (ExSIGHTment of SOUND in Rice Stadium, 1995), and I've wanted to drum since then.

Here I am, eleven years later, a veteran of my high school snare line, playing under one of the guys that was in my favorite corps that night, Phantom Regiment.

I hate having to do the hour-and-a-half double stroke rolls in band camp, but once the music starts to take shape and the drill gets learned, it's really just non-stop fun from there.

For you guys that don't know how to make band more enjoyable, just think about who inspired you to do what you do, and how you can do the same for someone else. That's what's kept me going!

The only times I haven't enjoyed band were on Saturday mornings when we had a game before, or last weekend, when we had to go to a game and then had to be at the school at 9 for practice before our first competation. But other than times like those, I generally like band. As for directors being Nazi's... I think that's just a given that all are at times.