2024 BOA Shenandoah (Sept. 28)

The 2024 North Houston Regional will be held Sept. 28 at Woodforest Bank Stadium (site tentative). 

Confirmed (18):

Cinco Ranch H.S., TX
Clear Brook H.S., TX
College Park H.S., TX
College Station H.S., TX
Cy-Fair H.S., TX
Dawson H.S., TX
Elkins H.S., TX
Foster H.S., TX
Friendswood H.S., TX
Klein Oak H.S., TX
M.G. Johnson H.S., TX
Magnolia West H.S., TX
North Shore H.S., TX
Obra D. Tompkins H.S., TX
Stephen F. Austin H.S., TX
The Woodlands H.S., TX
Tomball Memorial H.S., TX
Willis H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Added confirmed bands 5/9/24

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:52 AM, Sideswiperr said:

Now that Keller central and North Shore are going to be attending this regional, makes me wonder who gets bumped out of finals assuming the same group of finalists from last year comes back.

I am happy to see some new bands! 

• 2 months later...

cinco ranch! 😮

It's kind of strange that Jordan hasn't registered for BOA North Houston after their success in 2022. And it seems JET Band (James E. Taylor HS) dropped this contest. 

8 hours ago, ruben_f said:

cinco ranch! 😮

It's kind of strange that Jordan hasn't registered for BOA North Houston after their success in 2022. And it seems JET Band (James E. Taylor HS) dropped this contest. 

Weren’t as successful in 23’, judging was a bit weird. 

11 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I think their drill was too hard. It seems the drill wasn't clean at the beginning of the season from videos.

12 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

As someone who watched all of prelims and ranked the bands I agree. My order didn’t match the results at all! I think I only had half of the finalists correct, and none of the placements/captions. Houston bands tend to be so volatile and close like that. A band who made top half at Shenandoah could be 10+ places out of finals the next year, and then be top half at the other Houston BOA (SFA ‘22 comes to mind). This also happens vice versa all the time which makes Houston bands soooo interesting to keep up with. It often comes down to the little things like design, ratio of freshmen to seniors etc. Looking forward to this fall

7 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

As someone who watched all of prelims and ranked the bands I agree. My order didn’t match the results at all! I think I only had half of the finalists correct, and none of the placements/captions. Houston bands tend to be so volatile and close like that. A band who made top half at Shenandoah could be 10+ places out of finals the next year, and then be top half at the other Houston BOA (SFA ‘22 comes to mind). This also happens vice versa all the time which makes Houston bands soooo interesting to keep up with. It often comes down to the little things like design, ratio of freshmen to seniors etc. Looking forward to this fall

for reference, my list from last fall:

1 Wylie East
2 Cy fair 
3 Seven lakes
4 Clear Brook
5 College Park
6 Austin
7 Foster
8 Dawson 
9 Oak Ridge
10 Jordan
11 Friendswood 
12 Tomball Memorial

——————————
Klein Oak
Tompkins 
Cy Woods
O connor 
Fulshear
College station 
Klein Cain
Cy falls 
Cy Ranch
A&M consolidated
Clear falls
JET
Magnolia 
Porter

1 hour ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Just to add something to your point, oak ridge went from 10th at Shenandoah to 20th at Katy placed below some bands that didn’t even come close to finals at Shenandoah.