UIL Realignment 2024-2025

22 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

UIL alignment never seems to be super duper, but this cycle’s 6A area alignment seems particularly rough for the North Texas region. Correct me if I’m wrong, but area alignment remains the same outside of North Texas for the next two years?

Yes, once its officially finalized it will not change unless brought to the board for some alternate reason (sudden zone shift/ISD change being an example), so if this ends up being final, it will not change until fall of '26

18 hours ago, TrenBS said:

I was frankly hoping for more regions for marching band, as it stands Area J has FOUR state slots at BEST, with LISD in the area, Im sorry but that is such a stupid move to put them in the brand new area with only 3 regions being comprised of it, so you essentially are forcing the other 18 bands to compete for a SINGLE spot, if its even open with 2+ Dv.2s, while LISD floats to state every year cause the only school that has the potential to compete for top 3 would probably be Prosper given a couple years at best.

I hope more changes come, because TMEA/UIL essentially just gave LISD a monopoly and are forcing 5+ state qualifiers that would place comfortably in the top 25 to compete for a single spot, which is not including like 2 dark horses that could really throw a curveball

Yeah, as a member of the Wylie East band, we aren’t exactly jumping for joy right now, but we’re prepared to fight for that spot when the time comes!

On 3/25/2024 at 1:52 PM, TrenBS said:

I was frankly hoping for more regions for marching band, as it stands Area J has FOUR state slots at BEST, with LISD in the area, Im sorry but that is such a stupid move to put them in the brand new area with only 3 regions being comprised of it, so you essentially are forcing the other 18 bands to compete for a SINGLE spot, if its even open with 2+ Dv.2s, while LISD floats to state every year cause the only school that has the potential to compete for top 3 would probably be Prosper given a couple years at best.

I hope more changes come, because TMEA/UIL essentially just gave LISD a monopoly and are forcing 5+ state qualifiers that would place comfortably in the top 25 to compete for a single spot, which is not including like 2 dark horses that could really throw a curveball

Could not agree with you more!