Overlooked shows

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am the one that said Bell 2004 was overlooked, and I do believe it is. When 2004 is talked about, most people will talk about Cedar Park. Granted, while Bell did win state that year, they are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

I agree with this. Bell 2004 is rarely if ever talked about.

I, personally, didn't like the show much... now granted, I do go to Cedar Park, but I just like the music from Bell 2002 and 2003 much better. The music just didn't grab my attention... and I've never seen a video of the show.

I know I am the one that said Bell 2004 was overlooked, and I do believe it is.  When 2004 is talked about, most people will talk about Cedar Park.  Granted, while Bell did win state that year, they are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

depends who you talk to. ive heard alot more about bellthen cedar park in 04 about how they won all captions at one of the BOAs about making state champions. etc

I agree with this. Bell 2004 is rarely if ever talked about.

I, personally, didn't like the show much... now granted, I do go to Cedar Park, but I just like the music from Bell 2002 and 2003 much better. The music just didn't grab my attention... and I've never seen a video of the show.

what are you talking about?!?! that had a touching ballad and awesome drill at the ending

I didn't say that Bell 2004 gets NO recognition...I just feel that it is often overlooked because Cedar Park performed a show that year that really pushed the musical limits of a band, and it came out with a positive effect. LD Bell, while they did win a BOA regional and state, is not mentioned because it was not one of those "OMG...are you hearing this?" type of shows. What Cedar Park played and HOW they played it is what got so many people talking. As I have said before, I am not a big fan of Universal Expressions, but it undoubtedly did make waves throughout the state.

And yes...the ballad was great. I also liked the arrangement of Blue Shades that was used.

Just curious....

When you said Cedar Park 2004 got people talking and made waves throughout Texas...that got me thinking. Where do you hear all of this?? On TXBands? If so, it's probably because there are A LOT of CP people on here.

On the BOA Forums and other boards I visit, Cedar Park '04 gets recognition but it's not as much as Ronald Reagan, L.D. Bell & Winston Churchill.

Well, perhaps "make waves throughout the state" was a wee bit too much of an exaggeration.

Strangely enough, I haven't heard much about LD Bell and Churchill in the BOA forums...with the exception of a few LD Bell's shows, more particularly their GN performances. I'm not trying to sound offensive or rude or anything of that nature, but all I was simply stating was that LD Bell 2004 is rarely spoken of. In comparison, yes, I feel as if CP 2004 is ranted and raved about in a much higher manner than Bell is. And even if there are a lot of Cedar Park people on this forum, I don't think they would hype up their own show...it would just make them large-headed, and I am sure they would not want to ruin the image that their performances have created for them. Despite this, I am speaking more of more than just this forum. People down here that have come to see CP's 2004 show enjoyed it. But think about it...a lot of people know who Cedar Park and LD Bell are, even if they don't come to this site. I don't remember where it was, but there was a whole thread on another site in which people argued that Cedar Park should have won state. I know of one similar to that on this forum, but just let it be known that people outside of this site and Cedar Park think that Universal Expressions was an excellent show.

Just thought I should clear that up :D

So..how about those overlooked shows?

first: of let me say thank you very much

second: it may just be me but it does seem like we are overly underated and overlooked as an organization

-Mongoose

I dont think yall are that overly underated. i mean ya yall deserve more recognition then yall get sometimes, but theres a BUNCH of bands in texas who deserve some recognition for something extrordinary (SP) theyve done and they arent even known...at all

Altered State was definitely not overlooked. It was one of the most groundbreaking and well respected shows of it's time.

You really had to see that show live to get the full effect, though. One of the first things that really caught my eye was the guard wearing less and less as the show went on. :o

Altered State was definitely not overlooked. It was one of the most groundbreaking and well respected shows of it's time.

You really had to see that show live to get the full effect, though. One of the first things that really caught my eye was the guard wearing less and less as the show went on. :o

lmao anyone have a video? lol jk