6 Blue Devils B 89.350

7 Jersey Surf 86.175

9 Memphis Sound 84.225

11 Teal Sound 80.700

DIVISION III

8 Impulse 84.975

10 Revolution 83.950

12 Raiders 80.500

I know, but I just wanted the Revolution to win.

Revolution had an OUTSTANDING performance in Finals. They left it all out there on the field. Winning Brass and Visual...along with voted Most Improved Div3 Corps of the year and Outstanding Drum Major.

Even with as many Revolution fans in the stands...everyone was into the show.

They had a great season and representerd Texas in a big way!!

Congrats to all of them!

Can a corps just decide to have more members and move up a division? A little off topic, sure, but I'm curious. And nice Virgin crack, Danpod. Oh, and who is up for starting a new Div I corps to represent Texas, eh? Surely we can scrounge up enough talent from the DFW metroplex alone to stock our warchest quite well. Now all we need are sponsers and bingo tournaments for funding, eh?

QUOTE (Fortisimo @ Aug 14 2006, 10:28 PM)
Can a corps just decide to have more members and move up a division?  A little off topic, sure, but I'm curious. 

Corps that want to move up to Division I have to be reviewed by the DCI Advisory Board. Corps have to be financially stable if they want to move up.

I'm not sure if the Academy's staff list from 2006 is still up on their site, but it was pretty crazy when I looked at it. I found out about them a bit too late to make a serious audition attempt (that, plus the whole plane ticket dilemma)... there was a bunch of ex-BD, SCV, some Phantom, Cadets, and I think even an ex-Cav or two.

They had a staff better than that of many Division I corps, and they sounded like it on the recordings I've heard of them.

I've heard a bit or two about them moving up to Division I next year, but I've also heard they're staying in Division II again. Either way, they'll put on a good show.