I am currently writing a piece (2/3 done) for wind ensemble and violin called "Welcome Home." It was inspired by a note I recieved from my pastor after my return to church 3 years after some family problems and a house fire. The note read:

Welcome back to the people that love you.

Welcome back to the people you know.

Welcome back to your family.

Welcome home....

I have had an amazing experience writing the piece, and it is definately my favorite of anything I have written. Everything just seemed to flow. I, however cannot take credit for this piece, because i realize that it is God working through me to help me express my emotion.

When I finish, i will try to get it onto sibelius music, but if not I will but it on this website.

I am currently writing a piece (2/3 done) for wind ensemble and violin called "Welcome Home." It was inspired by a note I recieved from my pastor after my return to church 3 years after some family problems and a house fire. The note read:

Welcome back to the people that love you.

Welcome back to the people you know.

Welcome back to your family.

Welcome home....

I have had an amazing experience writing the piece, and it is definately my favorite of anything I have written. Everything just seemed to flow. I, however cannot take credit for this piece, because i realize that it is God working through me to help me express my emotion.

When I finish, i will try to get it onto sibelius music, but if not I will but it on this website.

Wow, that should be an extremely emotional piece. I'm sure it's going to be great! :) I am very sorry to hear about your family and the fire. I like how you view yourself as a medium through which God creates beautiful things, in this case music. God gave each of us different personalities, and different gifts from the start. It is in our hands that God leave these gifts, these talents; it is up to us to discover it. You discovered yours and are sharing it with us; with the world. Music is a gift from God to you; from you to us. And, I'm sure, somewhere far and beyond, God is smiling; He is proud :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...