I've raved about Lux Aurumque numerous times and I'm going to do it again. smile.gif

The piece puts me in an undescribeable state of emotion. It is truly unreal. Love it so much that I even bought the symphonic score.

Some tidbits on Lux Aurumque while we're at it.. If you haven't checked out the following links, I highly recommend it.

*L.D. Bell HS performed the piece as their closer in 2005.

(Link)

*The climax of the symphonic version is from the grand 'Bliss' theme from Eric Whitacre's electronic opera "Paradise Lost".

(Visit http://www.paradiselosttheopera.com/intro.html, click on movies and go to Episode 1, "One Angel")

You can also see some of the ideas that the L.D. Bell colorguard used in 2005 from Paradise Lost.

Eric Whitacre is truly outdoing himself in the choir, band and opera world.

Can't wait until the 'Paradise Lost' CD/DVD comes out!

QUOTE (itsstephenyo @ May 21 2006, 02:53 PM)
I don't know... I find myself liking Whitacre's music less and less. At first I loved October. Loved Waternight. Now I'm beginning to just get bored with everything he writes. Lux Arumque isn't much different either.

I recommend his electronic opera, Paradise Lost.

If Paradise Lost ever does a tour in Texas...I'm going to be all over it. smile.gif

we made an end of year music theory movie - pretty awesome if i may say so myself (jeff corwin style band hall hunt) - and lux arumque is used in it its funny as heck - ill upload it somewhere as soon as i get a copy

i like alot of eric's music ..it just touches the soul (simply put)

• 1 month later...

haha yeah it was Sheperds Hey. i thought it was freakishy fast the first time then when yall played it again faster I was like..... O---M----G. lol. yeah I miss LMC too. I had a really great time. I was staying in Jester. Jester was pretty cool but it was better last year staying in Dobie.

what dorms where you in? and nope I wasent the one who put tx.bands in the hook 'em. I didnt even notice that????? what did it say?

dude, jester!? i was there on the 4th floor. who was your counselor? Oh someone just kinda advertised txbands on there i guess lol...ahh you shouldve been at our rehersals when we were setting the tempo for the encore performance of shepherds hey..it was..interesting..haha in a GOOD WAY LOL..BUT camp was awesome i think im going back there next summer since they invited some seniors into the honors wind

Lux is a very nice song to listen to.... only thing is my recording has people coughing in every single quiet part, i kid you not, it must have been cold season or something, because the coughing and hacking is nearly continuous. It's not loud enough to really ruin the song, but still, when i'm blasting Lux, it gets annoying to hear everyone spitting up

Lux is a very nice song to listen to.... only thing is my recording has people coughing in every single quiet part, i kid you not, it must have been cold season or something, because the coughing and hacking is nearly continuous. It's not loud enough to really ruin the song, but still, when i'm blasting Lux, it gets annoying to hear everyone spitting up

I have that same recording!! I was like ummm ok lol i dont want to hear that, but it only happens when u have it really loud...which is pretty often lol its still a beautiful song...love whitacre's music

Haha yeah that WAS pretty freaking funny, lol i recorded that skit on my camera. it was great.

hmm robert was that tall white guy with the black hair. he was one of the ones that was in that sax quartet when they played the pink panther at the talent show. he was with counselor rustin alot.

that reminds me of when my youth group played maslanka's fourth symphony with the Dallas wind symphony. a guy's cell phone went off during a solo section and he wouldn't stop it. it literally rang for about thirty seconds.