Check it out....

My work in progress show, formerly titled "Fluid Dynamics" is complete. It's completed name is "A Darker Side of Man" and contains the movements as follows:

Mvt 1: Desolation

Mvt 2: Rage

Mvt 3: Self-Degradation

Mvt 4: Confrontation and Resolve

And hey look, it's a graphic!

qxnyfm.jpg

This show is a sort of insight into both internal and external conflicts brought about by the nature of man and his interaction with others. I am pretty proud of this piece; I think it turned out quite well, and though it may be a rather difficult show in that it contains some difficult technical elements as well as some extended periods of upper register playing in the trumpets, it is not impossible. I believe it has a tasteful and appropriate balance between fast and slow sections suitable to the subject matter as well as the expecatations of the audience. Please, leave comments whether you like it or not and preferablly why. What are its strong points? How can it improve? Was there something you just really didn't like?

So, without further adue, I pressent to you, A Darker Side of Man:

A Darker Side of Man.mp3

Like where? It's not like I have some sort of hosting service or anything. I would like to upload it to this website, but I'm not sure they would go along with such things. Why don't you just download it? The only difference is there a few extra buttons to click and you have to wait for maybe 40 seconds to download it.

Like where? It's not like I have some sort of hosting service or anything. I would like to upload it to this website, but I'm not sure they would go along with such things. Why don't you just download it? The only difference is there a few extra buttons to click and you have to wait for maybe 40 seconds to download it.

Hey! Fortisimo

If you want you can send it to me at EODrillDesigner98@txbands.com and I can pass it to someone from the adminstrative to upload it for you.

B):)

Cool stuff man for sure!

B)

I'll agree with someone above, as it did seem somewhat redundant at times. Seems like the demand placed on certain instruments (i.e. trumpets) is far to great. I wouldn't even want to think about attempting to clean some of their lines. The show comes off great in midi, but I can't see a high school band putting this on the field successfully. I envision a few strong players attempting to hack away at some of the lines and just getting a real thin sound from the field until a major impact.

Some of the rythmic aspects sound far too difficult as well, from an ensemble standpoint. Since most of this piece, and most of the rythmic lines occur during full ensemble moments clarity would be an issue in my mind, especially if they were staged in something other than a block in the center of the field. The show comes off as super relentless, which is what you're going for I assume. Just wondering, with such demanding tempos, long phrases consisting of tough lines, where are the kids going to get a chance to rest both their face and feet? Some long blows in this piece for sure.

If a band could pull this off, major kudos to the kids, directors, and you as well for sure. Nice writing!

:D