Life other then being a Band Queer

whitewing09

I'm in NHS and IB on top of band which takes up anytime you might have left over. Luckily there are like 23 IB students and almost half are in band, so I'm not alone...

I was also in Key Club for a short time and want to get involved in FCA, but i don't have time during marching season. Oh, plus I'll be in the pit for the school musical too, but that's not till later...

Wow, no wonder im so stressed... :blink:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a response to band being easy, frankly, it is. I've played three other sports and marching band has got to be the saddest excuse for an athletic credit I've ever heard of. (even though I love it)

i strongly agree... even though i recieve an athletic credit for marching band i still take P.E. because i feel that i am cheating the school system by taking the easy way out of taking an athletic class... people wonder why our children keep getting fatter and fatter. i'll tell you why... its cuz we have rules that let them...

lol, we deserve the crap that we get. Our football team (Clemens) was first in the area going into the playoffs (anyone from madison, stay out of my thread =p), and yet the band, with our BEST performance of the year, got 46th out of 58(?). So our band sucks compared to our sports.

But our athletes are powerfully full of themselves.

We're in the opposite situation. We have not won a single game this football season, but our band has been getting increasingly good since we got our new director 4 years ago. (I wasn't here.)

I'm one of those crazy overinvolved kids, we have a lot of those in our band, but anyways, I'm in School band (duh) and Select choir and the show choir, I sing in my church choir, and play in the church handbell choir, band, and orchestra, I'm a Scout, I'm in Venture Crew, I'm in NJHS, I do Academic UIL (science and calculator), I'm in Beta Club and Leo Club (service organizations), and somehow, I'm still passing all of my classes. Sleep is a hobby, and coffee is an addiction, but I enjoy all of it! :blink:

I do Academic UIL (science and calculator)

ha, calculator UIL is awesome!! last year, i competed as a sophmore, but lucky me, the north shore team was in our district competition - they were state champs the previous year or something like that. of course, they finished top 4 by huge margins. i got 6th :D

when they input info, it sounded like they were typing 1,000,000,000,000,000 digits per second on a keyboard - using hb calculators. naturally, everyone else stared at them for a little while, in awe of their amazing calculating prowess :lol:

It can be very hard to juggle both activities. Especially with conflicting practice times.

Yeah, I have a friend who's in band, football, UIL, and debate (all at the same time) and he seems like he never has time to breathe... it kinda seems like he's goin insane at times. Seriously.

Our last game was Friday :( . Marching season is over for me. I guess now it's boring concert season and tennis & basketball practice. <_<