Cypress Marching Showcase

dj_sanders

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JamesNorris22 said:

Most likely the usual bands. The real question is why are they using Pridgen instead of the berry center 

I would assume to make it easier for cy-creek, Jersey village, cy ridge, the bands that aren’t too close to the berry center, although this will be a long ride for Langham creek, and cy-parks. So I’m guessing they’re trying to make it easier for other bands to travel given that they’ve had to travel a long way these past few years. Another reason could be that this marching contest isn’t on the same scale it used to be, I don’t want to say this contest is dying but it pretty much is. There used to be plenty of bands here, and because there were a good amount, they would have finals performances, but now this is only a prelims event because they simply don’t have enough bands. For example, Back in 2019/2018 You had Bridgeland, Cy-Woods, Cy-Fair, Cy-Ranch, Cinco ranch, Klein oak, Katy, Seven lakes, oak ridge, and plenty more bands. Now the contest is much smaller in size overall, and just overall has less of the Houston area “Monsters”, so I would assume they didn’t feel the need to use the berry center because pridgeon can support that amount of bands without issue/worry.

11 hours ago, Ranxh1938292 said:

I would assume to make it easier for cy-creek, Jersey village, cy ridge, the bands that aren’t too close to the berry center, although this will be a long ride for Langham creek, and cy-parks. So I’m guessing they’re trying to make it easier for other bands to travel given that they’ve had to travel a long way these past few years. Another reason could be that this marching contest isn’t on the same scale it used to be, I don’t want to say this contest is dying but it pretty much is. There used to be plenty of bands here, and because there were a good amount, they would have finals performances, but now this is only a prelims event because they simply don’t have enough bands. For example, Back in 2019/2018 You had Bridgeland, Cy-Woods, Cy-Fair, Cy-Ranch, Cinco ranch, Klein oak, Katy, Seven lakes, oak ridge, and plenty more bands. Now the contest is much smaller in size overall, and just overall has less of the Houston area “Monsters”, so I would assume they didn’t feel the need to use the berry center because pridgeon can support that amount of bands without issue/worry.

I could see it being them just not needing the berry center for the attendance but they berry center and Pridgen are relatively close together so Im not sure if thats a valid reason. also this year I feel like both this and battle at berry were placed on bad days i assume its the only days cy fair could place them but they put them on the 2 Houston boa events.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:11 AM, Ranxh1938292 said:

Ok, so I just received word that bridgeland was going to cypress showcase, genuinely wondering why they didn’t chose Conroe over this but nonetheless, here are my predictions:

1. Bridgeland(all captions) 

2. jersey village 

3. Langham Creek

4. Cypress Park 

5. Dulles

Its possibly to save money I know Bridgeland is currently raising money to attend boa SanAntonio 

7 hours ago, Mac17 said:

Bridgeland has a football game on Saturday evening they must attend and is already missing a game for Lone Star.  Doing Cypress showcase to get a show in before Katy.

I know Cy-Ranch went here last year and From what I heard there kids were back at the school at about 1:45, given this is a prelims only event, and bridgeland and ranch are relatively close together, and this is in pridgeon, they should be at school within relative the same time, but they’ll be fine.