Heb drumline contest

Loved Chisholm trail and rockwall in the afternoon, I’m a little surprised by Aledo this year, in the past few years they had been pretty dominant and right up there with Boswell when they both were here. In 6A advanced, I thought it was pretty unfair for Marcus to still be in that division considering they were marching. I have no idea how the judges weighed that into their scores. They were pretty clean, obviously not the cleanest since they were on the move but they were up there. I think we might be seeing a shift here, considering Richland and Coppell dropped quite a bit and they had been the “go to” groups in that division for the past couple of years. Flower mound was pretty darn good, their snare tuning is way too low if you ask me. I like lines that crank their snares and don’t hide any dirt. I wish they were playing a drum show this year but from the sounds of it, their marching show will be nothing less than spectacular. Now Hebron, this is the new DFW powerhouse. If you haven’t seen them, go watch them at Plano or Lonestar, if there going (anyone have any info on that?). Hebron’s pit is unparalleled on any degree, only comparable to some of the southern pits like cedar park or Vandegrift. They are playing much harder and much louder than any other group, and they’re still cleaner. The writing is incredible. The battery was also on another level, not quite the cleanest, but they were definitely playing the hardest stuff and still just as clean if not cleaner than everyone else. Quads struggled a little bit, so I’ll get a better read in that this weekend, and the Bass line (6 basses this year) was playing some crazy stuff for a high school. It was very fun to watch and I’m incredibly excited for Plano to watch some of these groups again!

Loved Chisholm trail and rockwall in the afternoon, I’m a little surprised by Aledo this year, in the past few years they had been pretty dominant and right up there with Boswell when they both were here. In 6A advanced, I thought it was pretty unfair for Marcus to still be in that division considering they were marching. I have no idea how the judges weighed that into their scores. They were pretty clean, obviously not the cleanest since they were on the move but they were up there. I think we might be seeing a shift here, considering Richland and Coppell dropped quite a bit and they had been the “go to” groups in that division for the past couple of years. Flower mound was pretty darn good, their snare tuning is way too low if you ask me. I like lines that crank their snares and don’t hide any dirt. I wish they were playing a drum show this year but from the sounds of it, their marching show will be nothing less than spectacular. Now Hebron, this is the new DFW powerhouse. If you haven’t seen them, go watch them at Plano or Lonestar, if there going (anyone have any info on that?). Hebron’s pit is unparalleled on any degree, only comparable to some of the southern pits like cedar park or Vandegrift. They are playing much harder and much louder than any other group, and they’re still cleaner. The writing is incredible. The battery was also on another level, not quite the cleanest, but they were definitely playing the hardest stuff and still just as clean if not cleaner than everyone else. Quads struggled a little bit, so I’ll get a better read in that this weekend, and the Bass line (6 basses this year) was playing some crazy stuff for a high school. It was very fun to watch and I’m incredibly excited for Plano to watch some of these groups again!

The fact that Hebrons bass drums were incredible but still didn't get outstanding bass line amazes me ! Haltom is at a new level for them . Incredible work and there bass sounded fantastic and they are playing very challenging music . Wow to all groups