The Awesome Picture

Torch

I have wireless too, it is "teh suk"... Specially when your playing online games. Though i have Cable, with wireless alot of time the purpose gets defeated. Your best bet is to get a Linksys to try to improve things for your router.

We have the Linksys, it's still slow just cause there's so much stuff the connection has to go through between downstairs and up here (where the computer I use is).

What me and my dad did was since the connection was so bad, we ran a wire from the cable box all the way to my room, and the directly connected my computer to the cable box, with the router still broadcasting from my room. Therefor, since I'm the only one who really needed the stable connection, because of things like AIM and Online games, i recieved it, and then everyone else stayed normal, because they just use Internet Explorer. Though with Cable, load time doesn't become a problem, just really when using Online activites, a consistent connection. Sorry if that didn't make sense at all.

Glad I could help. If it's not easy to run a wire from the room with the other computer to their computer your at, you should just ask to move the entire set up to your computer, and then connect yourself to the router or something. ( if your using 56k, then i assume you use dial up, and then if so, i don't know if you have an internet box to connect to, if you do though, connect to that , my description is really just on the Cable/DSL point of view)