To me though, langham creek and Cy ranch have much better color guards. The amount of sound should not have as much importance as overall color and dynamic levels which Cy falls doesn't have. If four bands make it, I have in no particular order Cy fair, Clements, langham creek and SFA.

I thought this was a marching competion. Music, marching, color guard CyFalls will place high in all three categories. Some bands may be higher one category or another than CyFalls but these bands are weak in the other category. CyFalls is rounded. Strong in every category. 8th Place in Conroe BOA. Percussion won one US Band Competition while the color guard won another US Band Competition. All you people who say the show is bad go on the TX bands live Conroe BOA and read blogger Brandon Quan's comments from 2 weeks ago, " Huge crowd response for Cy falls. Their show had that massive Cy falls sound and heavy percussion falls is known for. One of my top 3 favorite shows today"

It is loud (not necessarily high quality...) and visually appealing but all around an annoyingly easy show.

I would also like to comment that although Cy Falls drill is well executed, it is somewhat easier than that of other bands of the same caliber.

I've watched a lot of these shows multiple times, and seriously?  Annoyingly easy?  It is nothing of the sort, they've struck a fantastic balance between what the band can achieve and what they can't.  Nothing is more annoying to me than someone saying that someone should have done better because their show is harder.  Ok, but is it clean enough for that difficulty to be given credit to the extent it overcomes another bands cleanliness or is it over a bands heads?  Difficulty means absolutely NOTHING AT ALL if it isn't achieved to a high level, otherwise it's just dirty and hard for the sake of being hard.  Is it not hard because there's not fast runs all over the place and the drill isn't 200bpm the whole time?  The more I get into college the more my perception of what is truly hard is changing, drastically.  CY Falls show is not easy.  Is it the hardest show out there?  No.  It's not.  But, it is built around a fantastic brass section and a pretty stunning color guard.  The woodwinds have some great exposed moments, and the percussion is pretty solid as well.  In UIL, clean is king, and CY Falls has the potential to be super polished.  CY Falls has a fantastic ensemble sound, clear and consistent marching technique, and they march as an ensemble well.  In UIL, that will get you pretty dang far.  Not to mention their show is pretty stunning in a GE aspect as well, the field presence in their opening hit paired with the color guard spinning their metal equipment glimmering in the stadium lights......oozes effect.  The ballad is absolutely beautiful.  

Let me put it this way, if you have two bands, one with a super hard show with some major dirt moments, and a show that's a little easier, better tailored to the ensemble's assets that is much cleaner, isn't it pretty obvious who wins?  

I think at this point, any major contenders have gotten rid of "dirt" in their show. Also, I am in no way deprecating falls' quality; they are a top program and have a great history. The only thing I was stating was that relative to not even just other bands but what falls has done in the past, this year's drill is a bit easier. I really didn't mean to offend them in any way...

1. Clements

2. Cypress Falls

3. Stephen F. Austin

4. Morton Ranch

5. Langham Creek

6. Seven Lakes

7. Cy-Fair

8. James E. Taylor

9. Katy

10. Cypress Ranch

:) My finals predictions and placements. I actually wanted to put Langham Creek much lower but due to politics and such we will see. ;)

wierd placements you got here.