Yeah I think Area E Judges do a pretty good job of keeping it "UIL Oriented" and not BOA type judging. Because Langham Creek and Clements do not have those huge brass impacts like Seven Lakes, Cy-Fair, and Cy-Falls, but they still make state year after year which shows something. The judges this year are Dick Clardy - Scott Coulson - David Kirkley - Brian Merrill - & Tom Shine and I think they will do a good job with the scores this year. Tom Shine has almost always judged Area E since retiring and he knows his stuff.

Yeah I think Area E Judges do a pretty good job of keeping it "UIL Oriented" and not BOA type judging. Because Langham Creek and Clements do not have those huge brass impacts like Seven Lakes, Cy-Fair, and Cy-Falls, but they still make state year after year which shows something. The judges this year are Dick Clardy - Scott Coulson - David Kirkley - Brian Merrill - & Tom Shine and I think they will do a good job with the scores this year. Tom Shine has almost always judged Area E since retiring and he knows his stuff.

Very true. Langham ALWAYS plays really intricate classical music while marching while seven lakes does huge almost anoyying brass hits going past good sound and covering up the woodwind color in the band. That is why all these other bands get better marching points, because they march, stop, play, and repeat. if you look at past scores Langham almost always has higher music ordinals, and one of the reasons we dont have as high marching ordinals is for one - we don't learn drill until way later than other bands because our bent leg marching style is way harder to max out the fundamentals on and to learn, so these other band spend way more time cleaning there drill while were still learning our drill, and two - we actually play 16th notes WHILE moving. We dont stop and do some really easy body while playing, we actually move. no offense to any bands, but this is just my personal opinion, and i just wanted to vent for a little bit.

From the shows i have seen :

Seven Lakes,

Cy falls,

Cy fair

Clements

Really enjoyed Taylors show but it is more BOA style,  was not moved by the morton ranch or SFA shows.

I am sure ridge will get a 1 this year at region and hopefully region 23 produces a few more bands and we will get to advane 5 bands from the area.

From the shows i have seen :

Seven Lakes,

Cy falls,

Cy fair

Clements

Really enjoyed Taylors show but it is more BOA style,  was not moved by the morton ranch or SFA shows.

I am sure ridge will get a 1 this year at region and hopefully region 23 produces a few more bands and we will get to advane 5 bands from the area.

I'm surprised you didn't put Langham on there considering they have made state since 1996 and state finals 6 times. I am really biased towards Langham considering i go there, but i just wanted to point that out.

First thing I said was  " of the bands I have Seen  "..... I  Have not seen there show, and heard they were down after loosing one of there assistants To U of H. I had  cy falls above you guys in 2012 (in my opinion) . And as far as marching and playing goes... You have in the past always had a lot of stop and blow time with people featured on props or the big stage. I can also Assume Baredex you  are a woodwind player ?

Looking at "Honor band" area results for 2015 Clements and Seven Lakes have the edge in music. Region 27 results for honor band ?

I look forward to seeing every band  this weekend. Best of luck to all.

First thing I said was  " of the bands I have Seen  "..... I  Have not seen there show, and heard they were down after loosing one of there assistants To U of H. I had  cy falls above you guys in 2012 (in my opinion) . And as far as marching and playing goes... You have in the past always had a lot of stop and blow time with people featured on props or the big stage. I can also Assume Baredex you  are a woodwind player ?

Looking at "Honor band" area results for 2015 Clements and Seven Lakes have the edge in music. Region 27 results for honor band ?

Will you be in the stands this Saturday?

Sadly right now there is no way 5 bands could advance because only 21 bands or signed up for region 27 right according to the schedule from this link-

http://www.uilforms.com/regions/27/ARCHIVES-14-15_files/ARCHIVES-14-15.htm

Remember area E is all of Region 13, 23, & 27. So if I counted correctly there are 31 6A bands signed up for region contests. Obviously there will be any where from  3-9 bands who do not make a 1, so usually that puts around 23 bands in Area. (Assuming all of them show up)

From What I Know (31 total bands) signed up for UIL marching contests this Saturday and Next Tuesday

Region 13: Morton Ranch, James E. Taylor, Reagan, Elsik, Seven Lakes, Lamar, Mayde Creek, Alief Taylor, Hastings, Katy, Cinco Ranch, Westside, Belliare. (13)

Region 23: Travis, Hightower, Austin, Kempner, Dulles, Clements. (6)

Region 27: Langham Creek, Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls, Cypress Ridge, Cypress Creek, Northbrook, Memorial, Cypress Woods, Cypress Lakes, Cypress Springs, Cypress Ranch, Jersey Village. (12)

I Don't think Honor band results have too much say in the marching band world. Some bands are better concert bands like Jersey Village who consistantly makes it to the area round in honor band, as well as having multiple students make the All-State band year after year.

As far as my opinion ALL marching bands have parts where a section stops and plays something technical in their shows, so I think we should all understand that is just how it works.

CF mello , Yes I will be there the Next TWO saturdays at the Berry Center. Start to finish ! 

Trombone18 ,  having a quality Honor band provides a corp group of muscians to carry the program . If you look at the consistent year to year Honor band winners, they also have a great marching band programs. In my opiniom , the director(s) have to really want to do and enjoy Marching band for any program to be sucessful. My point about  " park and blow " was directed to Baredx, who was  crititical of other programs that park and blow. All bands do it. The Langham creek 2012 show was real bad about that.

I am old school, and appreciate the skill on the field of todays bands, But I like to hear a marching band sound like a marching band ! If I want to hear  An woodwind driven classical piece I will go to the concert hall and listen to it there.  Waiting for the marching bands to bring on  Violins  !  Just kidding.

Just give Every band their  Participation 1 rating at region and move on to Area. Seems that is what all the other region and areas do . We would qualify 6 great derserving  bands to state !

Predictions: in no particuler order. Seven lakes, CY falls, Cy-fair, Clements, Langham creek.  Any band could win or take 5th... should be fun !

Remember area E is all of Region 13, 23, & 27. So if I counted correctly there are 31 6A bands signed up for region contests. Obviously there will be any where from  3-9 bands who do not make a 1, so usually that puts around 23 bands in Area. (Assuming all of them show up)

Oh crap I didn't remember that! Thanks! 

Honestly, state is too over ambitious of a goal for this year at least. However, creek has definitely progressed over the years and will definitely be a contender I believe two or four years from now. The new head director is working well with the band, and the program is definitely on the come up. (BTW star trek last year was SOOOO COOOOOL!!!)

ok So a full day of bands ... To me the best i have seen over all in 6 yrs of attending

CY Falls above all best band today.

Cy fair still top four

Langham creek - How can you go wrong with send in the Clowns.  But overall not that impreshed with the show . Deserved   the one rateings but will really have to do something different to advance to state.

Clear creek ...Shout out to the Bass Trombone player ... Wow good job. A 2 (NOW f****  WAY !)

Cy ranch Moves up  in my rankings.

Now I really feel sorry for the bands that did not advance, Once again our region  kills there own and will advance 1 maybe 2 cy fairs schools at best . There was only 2 schools today that should not of gotten  a one rateing .

IF I HEARD RIGHT 5 out of 12 school advaance to area ?

Get a rope !

ok So a full day of bands ... To me the best i have seen over all in 6 yrs of attending

CY Falls above all best band today.

Cy fair still top four

Langham creek - How can you go wrong with send in the Clowns. But overall not that impreshed with the show . Deserved the one rateings but will really have to do something different to advance to state.

Clear creek ...Shout out to the Bass Trombone player ... Wow good job. A 2 (NOW f**** WAY !)

Cy ranch Moves up in my rankings.

Now I really feel sorry for the bands that did not advance, Once again our region kills there own and will advance 1 maybe 2 cy fairs schools at best . There was only 2 schools today that should not of gotten a one rateing .

IF I HEARD RIGHT 5 out of 12 school advaance to area ?

Get a rope !