Show Bands (battle of the bands)

I think he was trying to say....

Bands that go to Battle of the Bands, instead of, bands that went to Battle of the Bands.

Anyways....

The best show band I've seen....Willowridge HS. What seperates them from other show bands is that they actually emphasize music and marching. Not saying that most show bands don't, but the ones that I have seen were just horrendous.

It was great to see Willowridge perform in exhibition at this year's BOA Houston Regional. They LIT up the crowd like crazy. And, the other cool part....they received comments from the BOA judging panel. It was cool to see the field judges getting into the show. Awesome.

It was great to see Willowridge perform in exhibition at this year's BOA Houston Regional. They LIT up the crowd like crazy. And, the other cool part....they received comments from the BOA judging panel. It was cool to see the field judges getting into the show. Awesome.

I didn't even know that show bands did BOA. That's awesome...I think I would have enjoyed that. I've always wanted to see a show band that still has good marching and music capabilities.

- mm

QUOTE (mindfulmusician @ Nov 28 2005, 07:59 AM)
I didn't even know that show bands did BOA. That's awesome...I think I would have enjoyed that. I've always wanted to see a show band that still has good marching and music capabilities.

- mm

They don't actually compete in the event...just perform in exhibition. But yeah, it's awesome.

Show bands have also performed in exhibition at Grand Nationals as well. Southwest Dekalb HS of Georgia (the band that was in 'Drumline') in 2002 and Stephenson HS also of Georgia in 2005.

They don't actually compete in the event...just perform in exhibition. But yeah, it's awesome.

Show bands have also performed in exhibition at Grand Nationals as well. Southwest Dekalb HS of Georgia (the band that was in 'Drumline') in 2002 and Stephenson HS also of Georgia in 2005.

^thats what i was talking about....

thanks for getting off the subject with willow ridge..(thats completly way off what i was saying)