Very true. I've only had the opportunity to mingle with Reagan students twice, both times in 2002, the first being after UIL Area, when we found out we made it to State, and we were sitting right next to Reagan. Some complete stranger from Reagan congratulated me, and I congratulated him. The second time was after BOA SA 2002, and apparently our band directors had both reserved Sunset Station (across from the Alamodome), and the two bands got to mingle once again. Truly a great bunch of people! Congrats to Reagan again on 2nd place at BOA GN!

lol...I'm glad that someone got that reference. But, yeah, it is a pretty sweet piece of music. I would have to say that Jupiter is my favorite movement, followed VERY closely by Mars.

- mm

our band played the planets last year, although i wasnt there, and at every football game someone asks the director if we can play mars.

we never can.

Though I've heard of them, I've never seen or heard Reagan.  I don't know if anyone can strongly compete with them within the state of Texas either... besides maybe Churchill or a few other schools from around Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston.  Are they really a fair comparison to the majority of schools here?

You should go listen to them in the media section

Audio - http://www.txbands.com/media/browse/?mode=audio

Actually, I've heard a recording. I forgot that.

Though I admire the boldness to attempt to play that Blue Devils 2003 pit run (they did whatever more or less watered down version of it quite splendidly), I must say one thing:

Urg?

I just don't like it when drum corps shows are copied at all... emulation of their style is one thing, but ripping anything from a really good show...

Unless it's just based off the same piece of music existing originally from before the Drum Corps show.