Grand Nats in Texas!!!

i remember at uil this year, you could not see the hashes. like... they were light blue and practically invisible. did anyone else notice that? (region 18 UIL at the palace in round rock...)

At least there were hashes at the Alamodome... last year they weren't even there. Not faded, just not there! Thank goodness for creative duct taping!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And JJJMGE, Grand Nats will ALWAYS be in Indianapolis because that is BOA's headquarters. Always. I promise.

The slightest chance of it getting moved to another stadium (not a different city) is when the RCA Dome is torn down and the new Colts field is built in a couple of years.

The City of Indianapolis is committed to keeping BOA Grand Nationals in the city when the new Colts stadium is completed in the Fall of 2008.

The new stadium is being built with BOA in mind. Stadium architects contacted BOA about acoustics and seating arrangements for their events. I think it's cool that our activity is finally getting recognition.

By the way, the Colts stadium is going to have a retractable roof. Maybe we'll finally get an 'outdoor' Grand Nationals....?

NO WAY..i hate outdoor events....

well not really..

but id much prefer an indoor gran nats

sometimes it gets pretty hot in those uniforms...(in indy's case) maybe a little to cold

electrical equipment doesnt always work outdoors

being indoors is a more controlled environment...IT HAS TO STAY INDOORS

yeah thats pretty cool that they contacted BOA for acoustics and such

(how do u know this?..is it posted somewhere on BOA?)

The City of Indianapolis is committed to keeping BOA Grand Nationals in the city when the new Colts stadium is completed in the Fall of 2008.

The new stadium is being built with BOA in mind. Stadium architects contacted BOA about acoustics and seating arrangements for their events. I think it's cool that our activity is finally getting recognition.

By the way, the Colts stadium is going to have a retractable roof. Maybe we'll finally get an 'outdoor' Grand Nationals....?

FYI, BOA did have some input into the design of the new stadium and Scott McCormick, executive director, was even part of the ground breaking of the new stadium. Grand Nats is scheduled to be in the new dome when it opens.

It would be nice to have to roof open for the competition, but weather in Indy can be quite blustery that time of the year. Granted, it has been nice...but I'd bet the roof will be closed more often.

i dont see why BOA GN cant come to texas, The bands are better here, but i think they fear if they come here then all the bands from up there wont come down. I think its stupid they stay there every year there other places with good bands

Did you even read this forum or just randomly post after reading a couple replies?!?!

The question of quality of the bands is not the issue here, but if it really where, answer me this?

If Texas bands really are better than everywhere else, then why did they not take the top 3 spots at GN this year without question?

I'm not trying to start an argument, but at least support what you have to say.

Has anyone thought about this...

If Grand Nationals ever comes to Texas...everyone and their mother would sign-up. How many out of state bands would there actually be in attendance? Not a lot. So much for diversity, right?

I'm from Texas and I love our bands to death, but Grand Nationals would just become a glorified BOA Texas Regional. It would never work in this state because of the volume of bands.

Just my $.02.

Has anyone thought about this...

If Grand Nationals ever comes to Texas...everyone and their mother would sign-up. How many out of state bands would there actually be in attendance? Not a lot. So much for diversity, right?

I'm from Texas and I love our bands to death, but Grand Nationals would just become a glorified BOA Texas Regional. It would never work in this state because of the volume of bands.

Just my $.02.

Nats already has a ton of Indiana bands that sign up with their mothers...

Hey, does anyone know why BOA moved GN from the hallowed RCA Dome to Detroit for those few years in the 80's? Was the RCA Dome undergoing a massive renovation, or what? Also, will the RCA Dome be demolished only after the new stadium is constructed, or will there be a gap of a few months where there will be no domed stadium at all in Indy? If this happens, it would be possible that BOA would have to move GN again, though it would be only temporary.

- mm

Hey, does anyone know why BOA moved GN from the hallowed RCA Dome to Detroit for those few years in the 80's?  Was the RCA Dome undergoing a massive renovation, or what?  Also, will the RCA Dome be demolished only after the new stadium is constructed, or will there be a gap of a few months where there will be no domed stadium at all in Indy?  If this happens, it would be possible that BOA would have to move GN again, though it would be only temporary.

- mm

The RCA Dome will be demolished once the new stadium is complete. In this year's Grand Nationals program, BOA stated that they will be holding Grand Nationals in the new stadium in 2008.