Any Dark Horses to state?

^^ One question, hopefully this doesn't sound rude, but why the Hays love? I have not seen them this year or seen any contest result that makes me think anything about how this band will perform at Area. Have you seen them, are they better than Area D big names like Leander and Connally who have been historically strong marching competitors? Again, not trying to be rude, just trying to understand them being mentioned so highly. (I live in Houston now so I have not seen Hays perform in years)

^^ One question, hopefully this doesn't sound rude, but why the Hays love? I have not seen them this year or seen any contest result that makes me think anything about how this band will perform at Area. Have you seen them, are they better than Area D big names like Leander and Connally who have been historically strong marching competitors? Again, not trying to be rude, just trying to understand them being mentioned so highly. (I live in Houston now so I have not seen Hays perform in years)

Well I go to hays's rival school Lehman. We played them in football last week and I can say that I've seen WAY better from them in the past couple years. But Lehman on the other hand, I'm a senior and in my 4 years there, I can honestly say this is the best band we've ever had. We even beat Connally last weekend at BOA austin.

I'll be honest...I don't see any dark horses contending for a medal this year. I obviously could be wrong: Centennial was third in 2011 and Dripping Springs seemingly came out of nowhere in 2009. That said, my opinion is that Cedar Park, Dripping Springs, Friendswood, Leander, Connally, and Vandegrift (in that order) are the contenders for medals this year. If I am leaving someone out, please feel free to comment - dark horses are always exciting.

Well I go to hays's rival school Lehman. We played them in football last week and I can say that I've seen WAY better from them in the past couple years. But Lehman on the other hand, I'm a senior and in my 4 years there, I can honestly say this is the best band we've ever had. We even beat Connally last weekend at BOA austin.

I am a Hays student and I can say the same about our brassline, it is the best we've ever had. I do not think you can fairly tell how a band did from field level, since it seemed like y'all's marching was extremely inconsistent from member to member from our point of view, though it seemed like y'all's best show from a high cam, still not good enough to beat us, but really good nonetheless.

As a member of Hays' Band, this year they are pushing both volume and show things much more than I have seen. Last year was a transition for us, since our head director of a decade had just retired and we had many, many staff changes, and that reflected poorly on both the quality of the show design and the performance. Our new director though seems to have finally shed the old director's influence, however, and he has been pushing much more of a fun-for-the-audience-show, with many more visual additions and more emphasis on volume when appropriate.

I am a Hays student and I can say the same about our brassline, it is the best we've ever had. I do not think you can fairly tell how a band did from field level, since it seemed like y'all's marching was extremely inconsistent from member to member from our point of view, though it seemed like y'all's best show from a high cam, still not good enough to beat us, but really good nonetheless.

As a member of Hays' Band, this year they are pushing both volume and show things much more than I have seen. Last year was a transition for us, since our head director of a decade had just retired and we had many, many staff changes, and that reflected poorly on both the quality of the show design and the performance. Our new director though seems to have finally shed the old director's influence, however, and he has been pushing much more of a fun-for-the-audience-show, with many more visual additions and more emphasis on volume when appropriate.

We will just see at area. And I was judging y'all based on the video from east central, and could not find a show concept anywhere, much less didn't even realize what y'all were playing, but y'all's marching was ok.

Didn't Lehman get a 2 at region last year and just finish second to last at Vista Ridge

Correct Lehman did get a 2 at region "last year" but because of a big electronic issue that caused a horrible brake down that the judges did not like. And your wrong on the vista results. You should check what your gonna type before you look dumb by not knowing the facts. And where do you go?

Correct Lehman did get a 2 at region "last year" but because of a big electronic issue that caused a horrible brake down that the judges did not like. And your wrong on the vista results. You should check what your gonna type before you look dumb by not knowing the facts. And where do you go?

first of all my facts come from the site that we are currently on, so don't try and insult my intelligence by claiming I don't know what im talking about, and for your information I go to the good high school on the other side of IH-35. the high school who hasn't gotten a 2 in 30+ years. I don't know where Lehman is getting this newfound sense of cockiness when that program has potential but has not accomplished a single thing

first of all my facts come from the site that we are currently on, so don't try and insult my intelligence by claiming I don't know what im talking about, and for your information I go to the good high school on the other side of IH-35. the high school who hasn't gotten a 2 in 30+ years. I don't know where Lehman is getting this newfound sense of cockiness when that program has potential but has not accomplished a single thing

You go to hays? Haha

• 3 weeks later...