2012 Area E Marching Contest

I'll play...

Finalists: Austin*, Cy Woods, Langham Creek, Taylor, Clements*, Cinco Ranch, Cy Falls*, Cy-Fair*, Morton Ranch, Seven Lakes

*Advance to State

Ok, Just to stir it up !

Finalist . ... Cy fair, Cy woods, Cy- falls, Clements, Morton Ranch,seven lakes, Jersey Village, Langham Creek, austin , Taylor

Going to state. Morton Ranch, Cyfair, Cywoods, (CYfalls/ Clements)

Edited by kingtbone

Morton Ranch and CyFair should take the top two spots based on everything I have seen so far. It should be interesting for the next two spots, I would put Clements up there but there show has been pretty dirty everytime I have seen it plus I dont know what this judging panel will think of Zepplin. Austin has struggled musically this year but I want them to make it so badly after the season they have worked through. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

This should be a MUCH better contest than last go-around (2010). I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

Finals Predictions: Austin, Cy-Woods, Clements, Cy-Fair, Cinco, Cy-Falls, Morton Ranch, Seven Lakes, Cy-Ranch, and Cy-Creek, in no order

State Advancers (no order again): Fair, Falls, Clements, and Austin/Morton/Woods/Seven Lakes

Oh, and here's a link to the schedule: http://www.uilforms.com/regions/23/AREA%20...%20Schedule.xls

Morton Ranch and CyFair should take the top two spots based on everything I have seen so far. It should be interesting for the next two spots, I would put Clements up there but there show has been pretty dirty everytime I have seen it plus I dont know what this judging panel will think of Zepplin. Austin has struggled musically this year but I want them to make it so badly after the season they have worked through. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

The Clements show isn't Zepplin... its Metallica. So its gonna be AWESOME

Morton Ranch and CyFair should take the top two spots based on everything I have seen so far. It should be interesting for the next two spots, I would put Clements up there but there show has been pretty dirty everytime I have seen it plus I dont know what this judging panel will think of Zepplin. Austin has struggled musically this year but I want them to make it so badly after the season they have worked through. Should be interesting to see how it turns out

Are you saying you like what CyFair is doing musically? I watched it last week and thought it terrible. Last year's African theme show was not that great musically either, but it had great GE going for it. This is not a BOA event ! I would be extremely surprised if CyFair makes it.

Sorry Metallica, my bad wrong rock band....

I do believe that CyFair is one of the better bands in this area (they beat Clements at the Friendswood contest including a decent victory in both the music and visual captions (one of the music judges being a big UIL judge). I am not saying that CyFair will be able to compete at the state level, but at this area I really see it coming out as Morton and CyFair on top. All of the other bands seemed to have struggled this year, or have not competed on a big stage yet. It is just my opinion, I am not a judge just a spectator.

Clements, Austin, will make it as they have a history of excellence and always perform highly.

Now some people will question why I have Seven Lakes and Cy Fair.....simply put, their shows have more demand. All the bands will achieve the necessary level of clarity to make it to state, but out of ten bands, those 4 IN MY OPINION will proceed. You can talk about how the judges are only there to judge achievement, but the subliminal message of pulling off a more strenuous show does add points to more than the classified sheets. Also, the people above mentioned the difference between BOA and UIL scoring. Lone Star is a boa-esq event. Katy Marching Festival was a UIL-esq event. I'll leave it at that. Best luck to all the bands going, and I hope the bands that do go to state represent us well (in finals?!?)

Finals

1. Clements

2. Austin

3. Cy Fair

4. Seven Lakes

5. Morton Ranch

6. Langham Creek

7. Taylor

8. Cy Woods

9. Cy Falls

10. Jersey Village

Edited by DorianDude

I would not count out the steady and usual successors, they can do a lot in a short amount of time.

It will be the year most likely for some upsets.

Some up and coming groups that are due to finish stronger this year as opposed to 2010:

Morton Ranch

Seven Lakes

Katy Taylor

So many groups are profiled due to strengths in marching vs. music that it will be a dicy recap I am sure.

1. Langham Creek

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cy-Falls

4. Clements/Morton Ranch/Austin

Saturday night finals will tell all.

Edited by jdrum