Biggest Suprises for 2011 marching season

I wonder what the true intentions were in posting this topic...

Im actually really interested what people think of this past marching season.

I was a little over anxious on reading what people were saying, and wanted to make sure it was right. Im not trying to say that we are (Round Rock) are better than anyone else.

Nothing I saw from Marcus at BOA Conroe made me think they were in a decline....That was made apparent when they won out against stiff competition at that contest.

I wasn't at the Alamodome and didn't watch the webcast, so I didn't get to see their show. It's possible they just didn't have their best run that night. What I think is even more likely is that Bowie has finally ascended to become a dynasty now like Bell and Marcus (they've been reaching for this level for the past couple of years now), and the Woodlands is finally finishing the climb back to their former dynastic glory after losing Brett Johnson.

I'm not one of those people who believes that marching bands are getting "better" over time or "evolving" (frankly I think the best bands of today are at about the same talent/capability/skill as they were 20 years ago).....I just think Marcus's placing 4th has more to do with the Woodlands and Bowie stepping it up....this is apparent from Bowie's victory over Bell early in the season.

And Bell.....well, Bell is Bell and will continue to be Bell for a long time apparently B) .

Nothing I saw from Marcus at BOA Conroe made me think they were in a decline....That was made apparent when they won out against stiff competition at that contest.

I wasn't at the Alamodome and didn't watch the webcast, so I didn't get to see their show. It's possible they just didn't have their best run that night. What I think is even more likely is that Bowie has finally ascended to become a dynasty now like Bell and Marcus (they've been reaching for this level for the past couple of years now), and the Woodlands is finally finishing the climb back to their former dynastic glory after losing Brett Johnson.

I'm not one of those people who believes that marching bands are getting "better" over time or "evolving" (frankly I think the best bands of today are at about the same talent/capability/skill as they were 20 years ago).....I just think Marcus's placing 4th has more to do with the Woodlands and Bowie stepping it up....this is apparent from Bowie's victory over Bell early in the season.

And Bell.....well, Bell is Bell and will continue to be Bell for a long time apparently B) .

Haha it was a joke, nobody actually thinks Marcus is in decline. :)

I totally agree. Every contest entered this season, they placed fifth or better. If they move up to 5A next year, it will be interesting to see how they do. If they do anything next year like they did this year, I believe many will be very surprised.

Lake Travis was a surprise this season; they took off running and never stopped