Mansfield 76.6

Arlington Seguin 72.7

Princeton 68.7

Cleburne 63.2

Keller Central 62.3

Throckmorton 55.2

Lake Worth 48.9

How did LD Bell do?

Here is a post that I made on another forum talking about Richland and Bell at the HEB competition:

Richland was absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how well they did in prelims, and then I was absolutely blown away when in Finals they fixed almost all of their prelims issues.

I think that Richland is going to take the BOA world by storm this year and will place in the top half of GN Finals. They are going to both Arlington and SA as well, and I don't expect them to place anywhere lower than 3rd at either one, and I bet that they make a run for winning Arlington.

The LD Bell performance tonight was interesting to say the least. They only performed parts 2 and 3 (I assume there are probably 5 parts) of their show and while the drill was amazingly well performed (especiallly for how hard it is) the music disappointed me.

Part Two is Blue Cathedral from last years show (arranged slightly differently) so I would expect them to be fairly strong on it already, but there were a lot of timing and balance issues probably caused by the drill.

Part Three is the ballad which could be very very beautiful, strong, and emotional, but they aren't really bringing it forward right now. The first part of it is mostly pit and various woodwind solos with no playing from the band for a significant period of time. The second part is more solo with what should be (in my mind) very strong background chords that send chills up your spine, but tonight I could barely hear them at all.

While I expect Bell to be a force at Arlington, I don't think that they will be ready enough to be truly competitive for the championship. It really looks like they are aiming to have a really late peak for GN Finals.

Richland was absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how well they did in prelims, and then I was absolutely blown away when in Finals they fixed almost all of their prelims issues.

I think that Richland is going to take the BOA world by storm this year and will place in the top half of GN Finals. They are going to both Arlington and SA as well, and I don't expect them to place anywhere lower than 3rd at either one, and I bet that they make a run for winning Arlington.

and we weren't even done adding in all the stuff into the show at that performance

• 1 year later...