Coppell High School 2010

does anyone think it's ironic how every band that made it to state from region C made it to finals except for the first place band, rowlett?

coppell, berkner, and duncanville

No...If they had Finals at Area I think results would have been different. Besides Area doesn't mean anything at state, judges don't know that Coppell was 4th and Rowlett 1st. (Doesn't include Scott Coulson who sees these schools every year)

does anyone think it's ironic how every band that made it to state from region C made it to finals except for the first place band, rowlett?

coppell, berkner, and duncanville

Nope.

Only because I'm not sure that it's irony.

Edited by Montoya

Rowlett was first, but you should also take into account the lack of finals and the rain. First, Rowlett placed 1st in prelims 2 years ago as well, but dropped to 4th in finals, thereby not making it to state at all. Second, the rain that cancelled finals this year probably affected all of Area C's results, so it's not completely unexpected. Third, it's happened before: In '06, Rowlett advanced to state as 2nd from Area C but failed to make finals when the others did.

Coming from Rowlett, though, I'm still iffy on that whole Coppell soundboard incident of 2 years ago. Whatever. I liked their music this year.

Edited by RedJoker25