Weather for Area Contests

Precedent (2002 State) is to push through prelims (any band can pull out if they want) and then the directors of the Finalist bands (without knowing what their rankings are) get to vote on whether or not to hold Finals or just use the Prelims rankings.

That was just rain, though. I don't know what they'd do about lightning.

Edit: Since it is easier to travel to most Area's than State, I could see it possibly being rescheduled for like a Tuesday or something. But I don't know.

60% for areas B and C.... <_<

Yeah that 60% comes when finals start. Untill then prelims is looking like 30%. But hey it's Texas it snows when it's 70 out and doesn't rain even when the sky is black at noon. Atleast at Area C the field has been upgraded with a better drain system than before and its the same style field as the Alamo Dome. Why doesn't Mr. Jerry Jones just let all the Areas play at Cowboys Stadium. You could have B on Saturday, C on Sunday, than Cowgirls on Monday :P

It actually is. I've heard a few bands in there (including Marcus and Coppell) and nothing carries properly at all.

For God's sake, don't hold any marching band contests here:

death.jpg

AKA Cowboys Stadium.

It is bad enough that we have to hold the state finals and BOA super regional in the Alamodome. Do we have to hold more shows indoors? No. There is no way that the accoustics in an indoor stadium will ever be as good as an outdoor one. No way. Sorry, I have seen shows at indoor venues, and it will never be as good as outdoors. Never.

Besides, the owner of the Cowboys, this guy:

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

He already has enough money. What do they charge just to park at tha place? Forget it.

Edited by king_leonides

Precedent (2002 State) is to push through prelims (any band can pull out if they want) and then the directors of the Finalist bands (without knowing what their rankings are) get to vote on whether or not to hold Finals or just use the Prelims rankings.

Tuba Taco. That is all.

Found this on Richland's website regarding the weather:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

All the weather web sites I have checked indicate there is a 60% chance of rain and/or thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow at Denton and Carrollton. Due to the fact that the State Contest is on for next week, we have judges coming in from all over, and we have no “wiggle room” in case of bad weather, we MUST go forward with the Area contest. If the rain and/or lightning becomes a problem, we will try to do whatever we can for the safety and well-being of the students and audience. If we need to have a brief delay, we will, but the contest must go on.

Your directors, administrators, and parents need to be informed of all this and with the possibility of a rather late night ending.

Will you please notify all the schools from your region that are coming to the Area B contests that the contest WILL go on regardless of weather.

PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!

Bob Copeland

Executive Secretary

Region 5 UIL Music Contests/Area B Marching Contests

This could be a long contest...:lol:

Edited by Mellophone77

They are predicting 40% chance of rain, winds, thunderstorms and maybe even hail. It is currently raining here in San Antonio and there is some thunder rumbling too. According to the Weather Channel on-line, this will continue through the morning and 'should' clear out this afternoon.

And that's when that storm system will move into the DFW area. =-(

And that's when that storm system will move into the DFW area. =-(
Watching the weather right now...the storm front here is definitely heading your way and there is another one currently in Abilene and is also heading north. Double your fun ;) Try to stay dry and don't go too high up in the stands when it's thundering....don't want to end up as a human lightning rod!!